Naples,FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
Hi I’m Gina. We purchased a home in March with a saltwater pool. (Of course seller had NEVER had any issues with the pool) We’ve had nothing but issues; a pool company that comes out and does/sells us all kinds of things, that we agree to, out of lack of knowledge and despair. I’m tired of feeling dependent, helpless, lost and at the pool company’s mercy. So I’ve decided to start teaching myself via the TFP resources and forums. After I educate myself enough to even form a valid question, I will find the appropriate areas to post. Thanks for having a wonderful site.

Welcome to TFP.
2 fundamental building blocks of TFP is to test your own water - so need to purchase one of the recommended test kits Test Kits Compared. The other is to familiarize yourself with the FC/CYA Levels.

Also please read the articles in Pool Care Basics

Lastly, if you can fill out your signature - go to Settings on left pane then Signature. Add your pool type, pool volume and all your equipment such as pump, filter, heater, etc. So when you ask a question, much of the information will be readily available for forum members to respond.

We all came to TFP for help and we continue to contribute to those that need help solving all types of issues relating to pool ownership. Good Luck.

Reactions: gwainhoehn
Hey Gina and Welcome !!! Don't fault the sellers too much. By dumb luck I made some decisions with my pool the 1st season that worked, and I repeated what I did every year after. I knew nothing about pools, and knew even less about other people's pools, but mine was clear. TFP taught me what I was doing right and where I was just plain lucky.

Then we moved. The new guy may or may not have chosen to do things the way I did them, and they may or may not have worked. Or they didn't just instinctively know something was off on week 3, not having looked at the pool for several years.

We'll help you make a custom plan for your setup, and while we aren't the only way that works, we are the only way with a small Army of people willing to help you get back on track if things get sideways. We're here around the clock whenever you need. :)

Reactions: gwainhoehn