lordmundi

Apr 25, 2021
Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
The home inspector found quite a few loose stones around the perimeter of the pool See attached video and photos. I was thinking I would just lift these up as much as I can without messing up too much of the mortar, and then squirting some liquid nails made for masonry under there and pushing them back down to glue them in place. Is that sufficient? I've never used liquid nails around chlorine before so didn't know if there was something special about that. Also, I'm guessing that I will probably need to repair or replace the mortar between these stones. What mortar do you recommend for that?

Thanks so much for the advice. I don't have any details on the pool because I haven't moved in yet and I'm just trying to prepare as much as I can to fix the items found on the inspection report. Thanks!

Video:

Attachments

• photo (2).jpg
    photo (2).jpg
    514.3 KB · Views: 3
  • photo (1).jpg
    photo (1).jpg
    466.8 KB · Views: 3
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    523.3 KB · Views: 3
Type S mortar is used both to anchor the coping and fill the gaps in between the stones.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.