New pool owner question about swg problem

Gostephen

Sep 7, 2019
Clarkdale, arizona
Just bought a house pool has a swg that is not currently in use (using liquid chlorine right now everything else is functioning normally).
I turned it on to try to see if it is useable, it seems to power up then nothing.
It is a ic40 intelchlor
I have attached a video of what it does
I'm very DIY and am willing to work with any suggestions

Stephen,

That appears to be a very old Pentair IC40 SWCG... I suspect it is used up...

If this were my cell, I'd want to know if the power supply is working.. It obviously works for a few seconds, but I'd check the DC volts and see what it is after the cell's lights go out. It should be about 30 VDC..

The other thing is what controls the IC40?... Is it a standalone SWCG, or does your pool have an automation system??

Thanks,

Jim R.

Stephen,

That appears to be a very old Pentair IC40 SWCG... I suspect it is used up...

If this were my cell, I'd want to know if the power supply is working.. It obviously works for a few seconds, but I'd check the DC volts and see what it is after the cell's lights go out. It should be about 30 VDC..

The other thing is what controls the IC40?... Is it a standalone SWCG, or does your pool have an automation system??

Thanks,

Jim R.
It wired to run when the pump turns on very basic timer setup
What wires/where do I check for power

The cell life light makes it at least 9 years old. They did away with that around that time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.