New pool owner of a house that was foreclosed - figuring out the puzzle :)

Well as an update for you all... After I got my ph and TA up I went ahead and started the SLAM process Sunday afternoon.

Here are pictures from Monday and Tuesday (this morning)
35628713_2126834210927735_3491931964972204032_n.jpg35798635_2127598194184670_8145441816582291456_o.jpg

I didn't run the it on filter but put it on recirculate while at work, but decided to do have it on filter today and come home on my lunchbreak to backwash the filter.
My filter is usually at 20 psi and it was around 27 when I went home on my lunch break. I hope that is ok. I backwashed it and headed back to work.

Yesterday I cleaned out a bunch of gunk that likes to collect in a certain spot, which was pretty satisfying. I can actually see places where there is stuff collecting rather than just a dark pit lol.
Also vacuumed/brushed Sunday and yesterday (when it was in the 90s! I really was wishing for a ready pool yesterday lol) Thankfully today should be nicer out.

I have been testing before work in the morning and in the evening. The trend seems to be to add around half a gallon every 8 hours or so.

Very happy with the progress so far.

4vQJqUF.jpg

I can see the bottom!

Just now finding this one. You are doing a great job! Look at the color difference already!

Once you get done with that and can pressure wash with bleach the decking that is going to be a great looking area!

Kim:kim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thank you! I wouldn't have been able to do it without this forum. :)

So I think I may be able to do the OCLT tonight? Is it clear enough?

And once that happens and I pass, I found this schedule on pool school...

Daily
  • Look at the water, notice the clarity and color.
  • Test the chlorine level and adjust if needed.
  • Test the pH and adjust if needed.
  • Examine the skimmer(s) and clean if needed.
  • Use a leaf rake to remove any surface debris.

Weekly
  • Clean out the pump strainer basket(s).
  • Brush and/or vacuum the entire pool or run pool cleaner.
  • Check the filter pressure and backwash/clean the filter if needed.
  • Test the TA level and adjust if needed.
  • Test the CH level and adjust if needed.
  • Check the water level and add water if needed.

Is there anything else I need to be aware of? I am pretty sure this pool will be ready for this weekend, Sunday at least!

I say give the OCLT a go!

That is a great schedule and guideline. As you do your test keep a good log of your results. After a while you will be able to tweak it to fit your life.

I say the pool is ready to be swam in NOW!!!

Kim:kim:

I see neighbors that will have a great view of your TFP so every time you cannon ball yell TFP lol. BTW great job so far .

"is there anything else I need to be aware of? I am pretty sure this pool will be ready for this weekend, Sunday at least!" yes your neighbors crashing your weekend pool parties lol.