New pool owner needing help!!

poolstuff003_zps1068144e.jpg
This is what I started with!!
poolstuff008_zpsc3c18e70.jpg
This is where I am at now!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Keep going with the SLAM until you have a clear pool. M is for maintain.

every hour or so check your levels and redose to 10. Shoot a picture and post it of your next CL test please.

Wait till the CL comes down below 5. (The column on the right is BR - ignore it) Your test measures CL from .5 to 5. We need it at 3 or 4 ti figure the next dose. Give it another couple of hours and test again. If it has made it down to 3 or 4 then use poolmath to calculate your next dose. Once you get your TF-100 you can read much higher levels and we can get down to business in earnest.

Right now you are in a back and forth tug of war with the algae. You bring the CL to 10 and the algae is consumed by the CL unfortunately your test only measures to 5 so we have to wait until it gets that low to redose. Ideally (with a TF100) you would test and bump it back up to 10 as soon as it dropped to 8.

- - - Updated - - -

The 5,3,2,1,.5 Column is the one you need to be matching.

Okay, I am running out of town right now, I am going to see if the pool store might have one of these test kits there that I can purchase so I can get all the correct levels. Is there another one similar to the TF100 I could get for now. I have ordered one, but still has not come in yet?

Okay, I am running out of town right now, I am going to see if the pool store might have one of these test kits there that I can purchase so I can get all the correct levels. Is there another one similar to the TF100 I could get for now. I have ordered one, but still has not come in yet?

There isn't. The pool stores don't stock any of the recommended test kits. Just be patient - your TF100 will be in soon. We can keep making progress this way - no worries.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Okay. Again I thank you so much for working with me on this, I have been getting so frustrated without a clear pool. I am feeling much better that I have you working with me on this. I will check it when I get back and let you know where I am at. Thanks again

So after 6.5 hours I am still up at 5 on my TC. The pool is still cloudy looking but I can see the legs at the bottom of the ladder again. I am assuming that is a good thing. ha ha. Keep checking TC at this point and don't be doing anything else??

So after 6.5 hours I am still up at 5 on my TC. The pool is still cloudy looking but I can see the legs at the bottom of the ladder again. I am assuming that is a good thing. ha ha. Keep checking TC at this point and don't be doing anything else??

You got it. Once the TC is down at 3/4 redose up to 10.

- - - Updated - - -

... Pictures? :)

Good morning!! so the TC finally dropped down to about 2 so I added another 1/2 bottle of bleach this morning around 6:30, just went out and checked it again and its about a 3/4 right now. Still pretty cloudy. Just curious How long does this process take? I have a huge party here next weekend and really hoping the pool is clear by then.

It can take as long as 3 or 4 weeks. If it is a 3/4 dose that bad boy again. Has your TF100 shown up yet? Once you get the TF it will GREATLY speed up the process as we wont have to wait for the CL to drop so far. Are you brushing regularly? Pump and filter running 24/7?

New pictures? (hint - use the IMG button on photobucket to grab the link then you can just paste here.)

poolpupdate3001_zps3eb8fb7c.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I think I did the picture thing right this time. Yes I am brushing and running the filter 24/7. I have had it running straight for the 3 weeks I have had the pool filled. I just called about the TF 100 and its on its way.,but still don't have it yet. I even called some friends who have pools to see if they might have one I could borrow to help me out, but everyone around here uses the same type that I have, just a 3 or 6 way.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.