New Pool Owner in Florida

Ray22

Sep 11, 2019
Port Saint Lucie, FL
Test as of yesterday at non Leslie's pool store: 90 Alkalinity; 0 Chlorine; 8.0 pH; 350 Calcium; 50 Stabilizer - Phosphate level was at 200, so they recommended that I add a phosphate remover, which I did prior to reading more on what it's purpose was. I ended up adding about a liter and a half to my roughly 12k gallon pool. I added the remover at about 6pm last night and have had the pump on since. I had to clean the filter early this am since the pressure was kind of high and the water flow level was weakening. Pool was cloudy immediately after I added the remover and was a little less cloudy this morning. Not sure if I added too much, but they told me to add 2 32oz bottles of the remover, but I only ended up adding 1.5 bottles. When I cleaned the filter, alot of the milky water washed off and the pump is still running. Guess we'll see later how it look.

Hi Ray, welcome to TFP! Please take Marty's advice above and do some reading. I promise you it's time well-spent, and a proper test kit is money well-spent.

We tend not to trust pool store test results, but if they're remotely reasonable, you're starting from a decent place to have very balanced water with much less trouble and expense than you're experiencing now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.