New pool owner green all season HELP!

While I wait on my TF 100 to be delivery what is the best actions I can take now so things don't get worse. Pool is green and cloudy. Do I run the filter 24/7? I know SLAMing has to be done right the first time or its a waste so I don't want to start that till I have the test kit but I also don't want to make it worse by not responding to the situation now.
General recommendation is to add 5-6 PPM of liquid chlorine/bleach each day, brush, vacuum and run the pump 24/7. Did you get the Poolmath app? It will tell you under Effects of Adding how much chlorine you'll need to add.

I know SLAMing has to be done right the first time or its a waste so I don't want to start that till I have the test kit but I also don't want to make it worse by not responding to the situation now.
I believe the recommendation is to add enough chlorine to raise your pool's FC by 5ppm every day until the kit arrives. I can say that having the PoolMath app on my phone and using the paid account has completely changed my life and anxiety level while transitioning from pool store and dippystrips and waiting for my test kit to arrive. There might be a link around here somewhere to the online web based calculator, but it's so much easier to just put the stuff in my phone. Once you've entered the basics of your pool, it'll simply tell you how much chlorine (at what percentage) to dump in, and you can get about the rest of your day.

I was typing this lengthy rely and V__25 got to it first. Good luck!

Reactions: V___25
Now would be a good time to update your signature with all of your pool details. See mine as an example. We'll refer to that stuff later. Until the kit arrives, add about 1/2 gallon of chlorine each day. That's all. Don't try to do much of anything else until you get the kit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.