New Pool owner - bought a pool and house that are 1 yr old

Re: New Pool owner - bought a pool and house that are 1 yr o

hmm... I posted a reply to this a couple of days back. But, it wasn't posted.

Anyways, BIG Thank you to everyone. Now, the cya is 60 after the refill... Here are the test results after the refill.

FC - 1
CC - 0
PH - 7.7
TA - 125
CH - 400
CYA - 60.

Added chlorine to bump up the FC to 7.

No improvement with TA and CH. Should I be concerned about high TA and CH?

If I should, I'll add Muriatic acid to lower PH then aerate for TA. May be do a partial drain and refill with softener water to lower CH.

I have waterfalls. Can I just run that to raise PH after adding the Muriatic acid? or do I have to add anything to aerate?

Thanks again!

Re: New Pool owner - bought a pool and house that are 1 yr o

The CH and TA are what they are. You can either just maintain the pH in range which will slowly lower the TA, or try to actively reduce it using the process in Pool School.

I would suggest you keep the pH between 7.2-7.5 to compensate for the high TA and CH to help prevent calcium scaling.

If you can use softened water for any top-off, I would certainly suggest doing so to slow the CH rise. If the TA was lowered closer to 80ppm, then you could get away with slightly high pH levels.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.