New pool owner and completely clueless

Yes you are BUT do not add anything else until you have your good test kit in hand. Things seem stable right now. I would just add 1/2 gal of bleach a day until you have firm number.

You really seem to be absorbing all of the info we are throwing your way! GOOD JOB! Make sure to go over my post above (#10) and ask any questions you might have.

Kim:cat:

You are doing great! I would save the pucks for when you are away from home and not able to add bleach daily. Walmart price for bleach is FANTASTIC. Jf your water is clear, swim and add bleach in the evening until you get your test kit and know what your numbers really are. Enjoy your new pool and welcome to TFP.

That puck will not dissolve fast enough to get the level up. You need bleach now. Pool Math states 123oz to get to FC of 4. It won't stay long since you don't have much CYA yet, but check daily and add bleach daily. If the FC level is not brought up as soon as possible, your risk of algae gets greater and greater.

That puck will not dissolve fast enough to get the level up. You need bleach now. Pool Math states 123oz to get to FC of 4. It won't stay long since you don't have much CYA yet, but check daily and add bleach daily. If the FC level is not brought up as soon as possible, your risk of algae gets greater and greater.

+1 to raising FC pronto.

Okay on the bleach. Headed to Wal-Mart first thing in the morning. I will buy the bleach and add 1/2 a gallon as soon as I get back and then I will test as soon as I'm home from work Monday with the new kit and report numbers.

thank you so much for all of the help so far. This has been a long day but well worth the efforts. After all, I can actually swim tomorrow!!!!

Just dumped half a gallon of bleach after testing.

TA a little high at about 170 (rains did not stop) but the test strips changed colors over a course of a minute so it could be lower. It's better for me to wait until tomorrow for my TF-100 I think before adding.

CYA level seems to be over 30 so the stabilizer helped but again, not adding more until an accurate result comes in

FC is about a 5 so this is moving in the right direction.

PH about a 7.2 ish. Just bought a conduit elbow and making an aeration device for the return so that should hopefully level things out.

since the filter is running, kept the puck in the skimmer since it will help keep levels until I get home from work tomorrow and report back and see where things need to be.

If the weather improves today, I'm going in. I may anyway since triathlons are calling and I have training to do ����

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.