New Pool Owner Algae Disaster

The SWG will raise your pH and so will high FC. It is bleaching out the TA test. I would go ahead and try to lower the pH and see if that improves the appearance of the water. Is the SWG still running? What is the water temperature?

Use Muriatic Acid. Don't try to lower it all the way down in one shot. PH is probably higher than 8, but use that as your starting point in PoolMath and add enough to drop it to 7.5 circulate for 30 minutes then test the pH again. Keep targeting 7.5 for the end result until pH is in the 7s.

This pool is going to make me crazy! I had the SWG set to 40% lastnight. I had been losing a lot of FC over night and assumed it would continue. Tested this morning and it was at 30. I turned the SWG off b/c I knew I would have enough liquid chlorine to get through the day. My FC is at 26 - it still hasn't dropped back down to 24 and I haven't added any today. Water is still a bit hazy, but much better than yesterday. I opt'd to hold off on the phdown since the appearance is better today. I'd like to get the chlorine right and then adjust all of my levels.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Just Keep bringing it back up to slam level until u pass all 3 criteria!
- *crystal clear water*
-you pass Overnight Chlorine Loss Test
- cc is .5 or lower
No need to test or adjust ph & ta until you’re done with slam & fc drops to 10 or lower
Keep at it! It won’t be long now!

Reactions: Jessica1911
My pool is crystal clear today!!! It rained all day, so I couldn't get a picture of it. I'll do the oclt tonight!

Wouldn't you know, I get the pool clear and now my salt generator is giving me a temp error. Temp is 70, so not sure what's going on with it. It's a blue torrent swg.

Yay! (To the clear pool) hopefully someone will be along to help with your error code soon . Until then just dose with liquid chlorine. If no one has any answers for your swg on this thread u can post a new one in the swg category Salt Water Chlorine Generators (SWG)

Reactions: Jessica1911
Great ?? if you have passed all 3 end of SLAM Process criteria you can let your fc drift down to target for your cya FC/CYA Levels
Never let it go below target again. I keep mine on the high side so i know i have some room.
If you’re swg isn’t functioning just use the chlorine version of the chart for target.
When u get the swg sorted out You may want to get your cya to 70 to help your swg keep up in the summer heat.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.