New Pool Owner Algae Disaster

I just went through this thread to see what day I actually started the slam. The 4th is when I drained the rest of the water down and I didn't actually start the slam until the 8th. So - today is only my 4th day of slam and 3rd full day.

That certainly helps with the patience ;) I've been dumping chlorine in for so long it feels like I have been in slam longer than I have.

Patience have been refreshed :)

You are doing great! Patience is the hardest thing sometimes. If you read back on some of the other great threads here when people had to slam their pools, they were sometimes going weeks and weeks before getting that clear pool. So you're fine, keep up the good work, we're all cheering for you.

Reactions: Jessica1911
Ok guys! One more! I have to because I am just so excited. I have been working on this pool since then end of March. I spent most of April making things worse before coming upon this site. I just went out to grab a sample and could see my robot on the pool floor!!! I can see all of it! The wheels - the blue - the white. All of it!!

Attachments

• 20200513_121230.jpg
    20200513_121230.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 27
  • 20200513_121224.jpg
    20200513_121224.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 27

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It's so very exciting to see the bot! I know you are happy! TFPC works.

Hey! So, I turned the salt generator on at 6am this morning. I have only 2.5 gallons of liquid chlorine left and cannot get anymore until tomorrow when hubby gets home. I knew I would go through chlorine today and will definitely tomorrow as it warms up. Anyway - the pool floor was clearly visible this morning when I posted the picture. This afternoon the pool started to cloud up again. My FC was fine - it has been between 24 and 26 all day. The sun just went down so I went out to check the appearance and it's def not as clear this as this morning. I decided to test TA and PH and they are both up significantly. I cannot get the TA to read on my test and PH is between 7.8 and 8.

Would the SWG raise PH and alkalinity? That is the only thing I have done differently.

Thanks!

Thanks, Wireform. I was just surprised to see it cloud up a bit this afternoon and evening. I hadn't used the Tylor kit before the slam - so I played around with it a bit. Chemistry set for big kids :) The results were somewhat consistent until today. I was taken back by that and didn't want the SWG to mess things up.

Thanks!

Yes, sorry should have added additional detail. I started with a 25ml sample. After 80 drops it was it was still yellow. It changed to yellow relatively quick, but never changed to red. So - I dumped and went with the 10ml sample added 1 of 007 and 3 of 008. Same thing after 50 drops. It changed relatively quickly to yellow, but never got to red.

My FC was down to 21 when I went out this morning, so I added a gallon. It went up to 25. At 1030 I added half gallon. At 130 I added another half gallon. That's when I noticed it had a cloudy appearance. I added another half gallon at 5 and and FC is currently 25.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.