New pool owner……aaaggghhh

Yep, looks good. It is important not to let your chlorine level drop below the minimum level for your CYA or algae will start to grow, Chlorine CYA Chart. If anything you will want to keep it slightly over the target level because your CYA is fairly high and it would take a LOT of bleach to SLAM. It is safe to swim with chlorine level between minimum and shock level.

Is my cya level high given the pool is in direct sunlight (no trees, shade, etc). I thought I read recommended cya for direct sunlight is 70-80? Yes, I add bleach yesterday to try and get my fc to 8.

I would think yes, in PA that is high. But, if you pool is clear and you do not need to SLAM it can be managed at that level. Mine started at over 200 and I took a year to get it to the 40 it is now. But, when vacation comes I'm using tabs to bring it back to 50.

The full sun folks are generally in the lower latitudes, FL, TX, AZ and So. CA.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.