New pool opened for first time... first test results today from tfp test...??

Marlin304

May 8, 2020
Illinois
Hello we built a new in ground vinyl liner pool. Filled in fall and covered. Now opened 2 days ago. The pool guys added some chemicals Friday and coming back to check on Tuesday. I did my first TFP test today.. fc 0.5 cc 1.5
Ca hardness 500! TA 500 cya was zero.
I added a jug 80oz of chlorox 6% per pool calculator and fc went up to 1. Thoughts? I’m guessing the pool guys didn’t add any cya yet. Also there was a lot of construction dust/ concrete stuff on bottom I’m guessing that caused ca to be so high. Water was noticeably cloudy at first but seems to be clearing up. Running filter 24/7 so far.
Any thoughts? thanks!

Hello we built a new in ground vinyl liner pool. Filled in fall and covered. Now opened 2 days ago. The pool guys added some chemicals Friday and coming back to check on Tuesday. I did my first TFP test today.. fc 0.5 cc 1.5
Ca hardness 500! TA 500 cya was zero.
I added a jug 80oz of chlorox 6% per pool calculator and fc went up to 1. Thoughts? I’m guessing the pool guys didn’t add any cya yet. Also there was a lot of construction dust/ concrete stuff on bottom I’m guessing that caused ca to be so high. Water was noticeably cloudy at first but seems to be clearing up. Running filter 24/7 so far.
Any thoughts? thanks!
Forgot to add I roughly calculated 26,500 gallons. I thought that would show up on my signature but did not

I just read the instructions online and it does mention a fading endpoint and interference from metal ions. When the filled pool last fall it had a ton of rust from hydrant water was almost black but they filtered it out and it was clear when cover went on. Maybe there are metal ions from the hydrant water. I’ll try some of the suggestions for the next test of ca

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.