Mcow

Jul 5, 2017
Greenville, Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I think we have finally landed on a design! Now we are anguishing over some of the choices!

Decking/Coping Choices

Belgard Cambridge pavers in lueders gray with ivory travertine coping
Cowdrey (Greenville)2_017.jpeg
Lueders Gray Cambridge Cobble® Pavers

Ivory travertine decking and coping

Cowdrey (Greenville)2_019.jpeg
IMG_1900.JPG

We like the travertine decking and since we are not doing a crazy amount of decking it is only a $2,000 upgrade over the concrete pavers. Just a little concerned about how slick they will be (we have teenage kids that like to act like fools lol). We have concrete pavers on our current pool and they do have good grip to them. The travertine is tumbled not sure how much that will help with this. We also stood barefoot on the travertine and pavers simultaneously at our pool builders showroom and the travertine was much much cooler than the pavers. Also a little concerned that the travertine will have more upkeep. I do like how seamless the all travertine option looks and will blend well with the concrete on our covered patio.

Tile we like these two options the best. Will be waterline and the top of the spa. We really like the first option below bit a little worried this is too "trendy" compared to the more traditional all blue.
Option 1
Screen Shot 2021-06-28 at 8.31.15 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-28 at 8.25.36 AM.png

Option 2
Screen Shot 2021-06-28 at 8.30.58 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-06-28 at 8.30.13 AM.png

Plaster we are leaning towards pebble sheen blue surf but french grey and blue granite are also contenders. This is a tough decision because from my current pool I know the light and depth have huge affects on what the plaster looks like. Our current pool is majestic isle (darkest blue they had) by CL Industries which we like but wanted to go a little lighter this time.

Blue Surf
Screen Shot 2021-06-28 at 9.00.29 AM.png

French Grey
Screen Shot 2021-06-28 at 9.09.43 AM.png

Blue Granite
Screen Shot 2021-06-28 at 9.11.42 AM.png

What do you guys think?

With regards to the travertine pavers, we have not found them to be slippery, although I do enforce a “No Running” policy. The travertine is one of my favorite aspects of the build! We have a back alley entrance and our concrete driveway is considerably warmer than the adjacent travertine.

With regards to the travertine pavers, we have not found them to be slippery, although I do enforce a “No Running” policy. The travertine is one of my favorite aspects of the build! We have a back alley entrance and our concrete driveway is considerably warmer than the adjacent travertine.
Good to know! Yes we will just have to yell at the kids more haha. I was really surprised how much cooler the travertine was than concrete. That's something we are really weighing because our new pool will be in a lot more direct sunlight (no trees).

Make sure your tiles are in stock, whatever you pick, and have your builder place a hold on them at contract signing if you can, most builders don’t order tile until ground is broke. What brand are these tiles?

Reactions: Jgc88
Make sure your tiles are in stock, whatever you pick, and have your builder place a hold on them at contract signing if you can, most builders don’t order tile until ground is broke. What brand are these tiles?
Oh boy we are currently building a new house so unfortunately I know all about this! This is the brand Tahoe, 7/8

It actually says right on their site low inventory! I was talking to our PB and he said they had a 4 month wait on gunite a while back but it’s now closer to 3 weeks so hopefully things are getting better.

Yeah I think some trades might be slowly catching up but inventory and supplies are still all over the place.

So hard to pick someone else’s tile….both are nice! I feel like the one with the brown hues is a little more unique! I would say I feel like the blue subway tile look (especially glass) is super trendy right now, and I haven’t seen as many with the brown blue mix you have. Do you want your tile to stand out more or blend in with the plaster / water color?

Yeah I think some trades might be slowly catching up but inventory and supplies are still all over the place.

So hard to pick someone else’s tile….both are nice! I feel like the one with the brown hues is a little more unique! I would say I feel like the blue subway tile look (especially glass) is super trendy right now, and I haven’t seen as many with the brown blue mix you have. Do you want your tile to stand out more or blend in with the plaster / water color?
That’s exactly what we like about the one with the brown is it’s unique. It’s actually a brand new product for that manufacture. We have very basic blue tile on our current pool so we’re looking to do something a little more fun but sometimes when you do that it can get dated quickly. Such a hard decision I think that’s why we went with the basic one the first go round!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
What do you guys think of these two bench options? We originally planned on having a single bench going across the entire width of the back. The thought was that the kids could hang out in the deep end and the adults in the shallow to avoid some of the splashing. I had another builder take a look at the project and he had it drawn with two corner benches instead which we kind of liked too. Also leaning towards this tile with the ivory travertine.

Cowdrey (Greenville)2_017.jpeg

Cowdrey (Greenville)2_026.jpeg
IMG_1911.jpeg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.