New Pool, North Atlanta, GA

Thank you! We’re really pleased - so happy with the Little Mediterranean. The PB started the pump today and the spa overflow kicked in. Perfect view from our living room.

Thanks DarkRider - looking forward to some frosty dips later this year!
just ran through a larger set of tests, here’s how we’re looking:
FC 1
CC .25 (1 drop of R0871)
PH 7.5
TA 130
CH 425
CYA - none added at this stage

so I think we’re ok for day 1 after the PB got the pool started. We’re expecting rain tomorrow so I’ll test again to see how the added water dilutes things.

a quick update with my chemical stats:
FC 2.5
CC 0.0
PH 7.5
TA 100
CH 400
TEMP 65F
So all good I think.

Can any Georgia peeps recommend door alarms they’ve installed that pass inspection please? Did you need to install window alarms too?

Last edited:
BritDan,

Have you been happy with your builder? We're in Acworth and have them on our list. (sorry folks, I can't PM yet)

Does anyone in the ATL market see prices going down in the next few years? We're deciding if we should just go ahead and take it on the chin or wait a few more years to build. If we wait, with the help of this forum, I'll probably end up with a better build. However, no one in the family is getting any younger...........decisions, decisions.
We waited until we are early 60s! A little too long, but you do what you can do, when you can do it, right? (Wish the federal govt. budget worked that way, but that's another story!). We are LOVING the pool and spa- so worth it. The way home prices in the North Atlanta area have shot up, I suspect pool builders will keep pace.

a quick update with my chemical stats:
FC 2.5
CC 0.0
PH 7.5
TA 10P
CH 400
TEMP 65F
So all good I think.

Can any Georgia peeps recommend door alarms they’ve installed that pass inspection please? Did you need to install window alarms too?
We have SimpliSafe for our home and we added additional window alarms. I called the city inspector beforehand and he told me the requirements, then called SimpliSafe to confirm it meets code and we are good! A lot less expensive than having the PB add them.
Your pool is gorgeous! Enjoy!!

Evening all. The PB came over yesterday and added two bags of salt so we’re officially a salt water pool now, yay! I left the pump running and swirled the water around to get things nice and mixed up, and the swg did it’s thing. I’ve just tested the water:
temp: 57f
FC 5
PH 7.8
TA 100
CH 500
CYA None added
SALT 400

so PH and TA are a bit high. I will add some cyanic acid but I think that’s it right? FC is maybe a little high so just let the sun burn it off for a while, and the lowering of the PH help lower the TA. should I be doing anything else?
thanks,

daniel.

As long as your CSI agrees, a TA of 60-100 will find its own happy place as you manage the PH. and a ph at any 7 is all equally as good. SWG pools tend to like to sit at 7.8 or 8 and will do so for some time if left alone. When you do adjust, make it small, only to 7.6 or 7.8. Many people try to hit 7 figuring it will buy them more time but it actually comes back quicker like a pendulum.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thank you everyone! Since the FC is at 5 already, I think I can dial down the swg too. The PB left it at 35% but the water temp is mid to high 50s so it’s probably not churning out much sanitizer. I also rescheduled the pump just just run for 7 hours during the day. I’ll keep an eye on the chemical levels and tweak so I can get more familiar with what does what in the off season.
we got the sauna up and running so I jumped in the 55f water on Sunday after a sweat. Refreshing to say the least!

our fill water CH is 50.

Andy, I’ll PM your our PB. They’re based out of Roswell.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.