New pool need help....cloudy water

Thank you both so much. I cleaned the filters ( had a lot of plaster fluff and palm tree seeds) ran pump for 24 hrs. Chemicals are balanced and now I can see the bottom of the pool. I am so glad I didn’t listen to the PB and add clarifier as he suggested.

Attachments

• 522D0661-AC4A-4EF0-BC10-EA1A18F922A6.jpeg
    522D0661-AC4A-4EF0-BC10-EA1A18F922A6.jpeg
    679.6 KB · Views: 22
  • 0260C761-EA03-461B-AFFC-7D88F634ED1D.jpeg
    0260C761-EA03-461B-AFFC-7D88F634ED1D.jpeg
    565.2 KB · Views: 22
Nice pool. Welcome.
As mentioned previously note the running pressure after cleaning the filter, it will give you a baseline. When pressure increases 20% from your baseline it's time to clean the filter.
Test your water often to learn your chlorine demand and keep you pH in check. Monitor your CSI to keep your pool and tile in good shape for years to come.
Don't add anything to your water unless you know exactly what it is and how it will effect your system.
Also consider putting a hair net over your skimmer basket to keep much of the surface debris from reaching your filter.

Nice pool. Welcome.
As mentioned previously note the running pressure after cleaning the filter, it will give you a baseline. When pressure increases 20% from your baseline it's time to clean the filter.
Test your water often to learn your chlorine demand and keep you pH in check. Monitor your CSI to keep your pool and tile in good shape for years to come.
Don't add anything to your water unless you know exactly what it is and how it will effect your system.
Also consider putting a hair net over your skimmer basket to keep much of the surface debris from reaching your filter.
Thank you! I’m on top of this water chemistry. Even though my Alkalinity stays pretty stable ~90-100. My ph goes up from day to day....maybe because of the new plaster.

The alkalinity our of our tap water is 175 and did constantly drive up the pH after the drain and fill. Over time with muratic acid additions to keep the pH between 7.6 and 7.9 the TA has lowered to below 100 and the pH rise slowed significantly. Add to that the winter rainfall and not needing to top off the pool with tap water I have not had to lower my pH in many months now.
I'm sure the curing of your plaster is altering your water chemistry but it will stabilize soon. Enjoy the water.

TJAE7 How close are you to Spring, Tx?

I buy my liquid bleach at a place called NAPCO here in Spring. It is 12.5% at $1.68 a gallon. I purchase 5 gallons at a time for roughly $9 after tax.

NAPCO
2830 Spring Cypress Rd
Spring, TX 77388
United States

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.