New Pool/ kids safety product recommendations

Marlin304

May 8, 2020
Illinois
Hello live in Illinois and just about done with an unground pool we’ve under construction on for the last year. We have a 2 year old and a 2 week old so we are very concerned about safety. We have an automatic safety cover and fence just about done. We haven’t opened pool yet. I’ve browsed various safety products cameras, alarms etc. What are everyone’s favorite or most useful products for kids pools safety?CC3F9892-95EB-41C6-8708-17DD97CDA38C.jpeg

We have 6 grandkids so we put in the auto cover as well. Great choice. The fence we put in was a fence approved for pools as far as height and not being able to be climbed. The most important part of the fence was that it completely blocks access from the house and patio to the pool. It also has a self closing and locking gate. The lock is one of the ones made for pool gates that is a key lock and a pull up latch that is about 55 inches off the ground so little kids can’t open the gate even if it unlocked. I’m sure there are many other good ideas, but the one that my wife and I have done is to say that no one of any age is ever inside the pool area without either my wife or my self inside the pool area as well.

no one of any age is ever inside the pool area without either my wife or my self inside the pool area as well.
That was ours as well, and when the kids were little they followed it to a T so their pool priveleges didn’t get taken away. With no fence it will be a bit harder but soon enough they can play ‘the patio is lava’ and make it off limits. For the next few years an adult will be on top of the kids either way so the autocover will protect a momentary wayward kid.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.