NEw Pool just cant seem to keep chrlone in it

GreenTerrorPool

Jan 4, 2017
PALM BEACH GARDENS, FL
I am continually having to put chorline in this pool. Like a jug every 3 days.

PH runs high as well and never comes down from 8.4 even with muraitc acid added. I dont run my waterfalls much at all.

My contractor is going to add stabilizer but he is in no rush.

Im adding salt in about a week so not to concerned about it yet but after that if i cant seem to keep chrolone what would be my biggest concern?

thanks
Tim

Pools normally use 2-4 ppm FC per day in summer, a bit less in cooler water. Not having CYA in the pool will increase usage quite a bit. How many ppm of FC does a jug add to your pool? Are you using this chart? [FC/CYA][/FC/CYA]

Tim, welcome to TFP and congrats on what sounds like a beautiful build.

You have in essence made a substantial investment in an asset that will take a comparatively very fractional budget for upkeep ;)

Over the long run, the surest way to minimize your maintenance/chlorine cost is to keep your FC in ratio to your CYA per the chart linked earlier [fc/cya][/FC/cya] and not let the FC drop - that way you avoid the higher cost of what we call SLAM Process.

With that said, your pool is near-zeroing out right now because your contractor has not added the CYA that protects chlorine from swift consumption from sunlight etc. and on top of that, you're not adding chlorine daily. Movement in either direction will minimize what it takes to keep your water sanitary and healthy.

There's a lot of information to digest on this site that will help you get the most trouble-free enjoyment of your investment. Welcome aboard and post any questions that come up as you digest it!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.