New pool in Wexford, PA!

Most likely, the steel for the decking will be raised just prior to the pour, probably the day before. If it was raised sooner, it would create a huge tripping hazard and make working around it very difficult. When the steel is flat on the ground you can still walk on it or push wheelbarrows, etc with relative ease.

You're going to love having an autocover.

Based on your description, your PB's initials wouldnt be RG, would it?

Hey, thanks for both you and Kimkats for the notes on the steel for the concrete pour. One of the bright spots of this new (and hopefully not permanent) working from home situation for my wife and I is we are around the entire time now that our pool project is being finalized this spring. So we can observe the work as often as we are able to.

Our PB is working under the "landscaper" exception at this point. However, the township won't give a final inspection and approval until this whole mess gets better, so we'll see....

Nah, PB's initials aren't RG :)

Do you think I have to continue to use the chlorine tablets or is there another method?
When your CYA (more on that in a min) gets where we want it you will have to stop using the chlorine tablets as each tablet adds CYA.

Also, what does "CYA" mean
I am going to give you a link to read over so you can start learning pool language:

CYA (Cyanuric Acid) is like sun screen for your FC (Free chlorine) but like everything in life............too much of something is not good.

SO once your CYA gets to where we want it (here is a link to our levels: What Are My Ideal Pool Levels? - Trouble Free Pool

Now most of this is going to Greek to you as you have not really seen it or used it yet. Take your time and ask LOTS of questions.

Here is a link on way to add chlorine to your pool: troublefreepool.com/blog/2019/01/18/how-to-chlorinate-your-pool/

So once your CYA gets where we want it then you will switch over to liquid chlorine. You will need to add it once a day to keep your FC up so your pool does not turn green aka get algae!

Did I overload you?? I feel like I hit your with a fire hose instead of just a house water hose but I want to you learn so you will know what to look for, ask about, and be ready for!

Kim:kim:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.