New Pool in North Dallas

We've been watering the gunite like crazy! Work resumed yesterday with tile/coping and the equipment was installed. Today, we have the rock work for the water features and electrical going in.

Attachments

• DSCN0380.JPG
    DSCN0380.JPG
    74.3 KB · Views: 407
  • DSCN0379.JPG
    DSCN0379.JPG
    78.2 KB · Views: 407
  • DSCN0370.JPG
    DSCN0370.JPG
    91.3 KB · Views: 407
Work was supposed to begin on Monday on our deck, but due to rain, we had to delay a couple of days. They started on Wednesday, and should be done today. All we will have left is plaster & the kitchen!

The wife decided she liked a more expensive paver, and we originally planned to do our existing patio in tile. However, we decided to do the patio the same as the deck. I think it will look much better. Between the upgraded paver, and the additional 400 sq. ft. for the patio, it has added about $5500 to our project. So, we are about 10% over budget, but I think it will be worth it.

Here are some pictures of the patio/deck going in.

Attachments

• DSCN0477.JPG
    DSCN0477.JPG
    111.7 KB · Views: 334
  • DSCN0474.JPG
    DSCN0474.JPG
    123.7 KB · Views: 334
  • DSCN0466.JPG
    DSCN0466.JPG
    137 KB · Views: 335
I've gotten a little behind on the pictures... I have been out of town. They finished up the patio/deck, the sprinklers, and started on our kitchen. Pending the kitchen completion, we are tentatively scheduled for cleanup on Tuesday and plaster on Wednesday.

We ended up having some extensive sprinkler work done, which took two days. Some of it was not pool related, but most of it was. As it turns out, all of the sprinkler wiring ran through the backyard (including the front yard zones), so we had to rewire most of the system. They also added a zone for filling the pool. We are on a little over an acre of land, and we have 18 sprinkler zones, so it wasn't an easy job.

Attachments

• DSCN0495.JPG
    DSCN0495.JPG
    85.5 KB · Views: 297
  • DSCN0494.JPG
    DSCN0494.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 297
  • DSCN0493.JPG
    DSCN0493.JPG
    103 KB · Views: 296
We really liked the guys our PB recommended for our sprinkler work, so we decided to have them draw up a plan for landscaping our yard. They are also the guys building the kitchen.

Attachments

• Landscape S1 (4).jpg
    Landscape S1 (4).jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 295
  • Landscape S1 (3).jpg
    Landscape S1 (3).jpg
    84 KB · Views: 295
  • Landscape S1 (1).jpg
    Landscape S1 (1).jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 295
The crew working on the kitchen was not the fastest, but the results are Fantastic!!! They finished it up last Thursday.

Plaster was scheduled for yesterday, but due to rain, was completed today. They will acid wash tomorrow, and then we start to fill!

Attachments

• DSCN0521.JPG
    DSCN0521.JPG
    103.9 KB · Views: 225
  • DSCN0519.JPG
    DSCN0519.JPG
    108.8 KB · Views: 225
  • DSCN0507.JPG
    DSCN0507.JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 225

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We are done! The pool is filled & the kids are swimming. They are freezing their butts off, but they're swimming!

I am out of town on a business trip, so I will post pictures later.

Looks great. I see you to got the smoke plaster? We are 2 weeks in after start up and I am STILL brushing. Darn plaster dust will just not finish. Keep us posted after startup how the brush down process goes.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.