Feb 23, 2019
Toms River, NJ
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Omg, the excavation is about to begin! PB said Tuesday or Thursday but I really didn't think they would be here because so far communication hasn't been great. But they pulled up at 7:45am and are about to spray then dig.

Reactions: Maurino17
Thank you. I wasnt sure if that was the norm or not but I guess it's a good thing. I'm a little upset though because the route into the yard that I was told they would use turned out to be too small so they came up with another way but at the expense of my privacy hedges and damage to the trees next to my deck. The branches were too low so they knocked them off with excavator but damaged a little of the trees. Hopefully they'll be fine after I have the branches cut down properly.

Thank you. I wasnt sure if that was the norm or not but I guess it's a good thing. I'm a little upset though because the route into the yard that I was told they would use turned out to be too small so they came up with another way but at the expense of my privacy hedges and damage to the trees next to my deck. The branches were too low so they knocked them off with excavator but damaged a little of the trees. Hopefully they'll be fine after I have the branches cut down properly.
Underground utilities usually have to be marked beforehand, but I assume that was already covered. Looks like you had a big clean slate in that area. Yeah, messing up landscaping is an unfortunate collateral damage associated with a pool build. Hope everything else turns out ok for you though.

Reactions: Maurino17

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We have just decided we want a slide. Should we plumb for it or just use a hose?Won't actually get it until next year. Will there be a pipe sticking up out of deck until then?

Use your new TF-100 and test your fill water for pH, TA & CH.

Where are you getting your initial fill water from? House, well, or water truck?

Reactions: Yosh
Then test your house water and post the test here. It will give you an idea what adjustments your water will require.

Tap water

PH 7.2
CH 100
TA 100

You look good. Do not worry about the TA being 100. And your pH is fine to start out. Let it rise naturally. Any pH in the 7s is good.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.