New pool, help needed as to what to do first.

First, get a little more chlorine in the water, with 60 CYA 5 is the absolute minimum you should have. While talking about CYA, there really isn't a 55 on the test. The scale on the tube is not linear, so half way between 50 & 60 is really not 55.

You may want to go look at the videos for the TA & CH tests as they are a little suspect for a fresh fill.

You are doing great!!!

First, get a little more chlorine in the water, with 60 CYA 5 is the absolute minimum you should have. While talking about CYA, there really isn't a 55 on the test. The scale on the tube is not linear, so half way between 50 & 60 is really not 55.

You may want to go look at the videos for the TA & CH tests as they are a little suspect for a fresh fill.

You are doing great!!!

Thanks! I will re-test the CH and TA. Our tap water is very hard here. I tested the CYA 3 times and the first time I got 60 then the next 2 I got 50.
Lisa

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.