New Pool Guy

I have the entire TF-100 kit. I did the chlorine drop test on the first day. It was a dark purple if memory serves, it didnt change after 50 drops. In order to conserve the solution ive only been doing the k-1000 every few days to see if the FC has come down to the point where it registers, or even changes colors. The salt and swim is disabled, so there are no other sources introducing chlorine into the pool. Thank you for all the assistance, I sure appreciate it.

I have the entire TF-100 kit. I did the chlorine drop test on the first day. It was a dark purple if memory serves, it didnt change after 50 drops. In order to conserve the solution ive only been doing the k-1000 every few days to see if the FC has come down to the point where it registers, or even changes colors. The salt and swim is disabled, so there are no other sources introducing chlorine into the pool. Thank you for all the assistance, I sure appreciate it.
Try the FAS-DPD test again, maybe using only 5 ml so each drop counts as 1. If you had a bunch of monopersulfate "non-chlorine shock" added, it can mess up the CC test really bad, so I'm guessing maybe it can mess up the OTO test, too.

wow, ok did the FAS-DPD test with 5Ml.. 44 drops. That's a little high i'm thinking.. (no, no one is swimming in the pool) and no i haven't added anything to the pool. 2 pounds on non chlorine shock was added on the 25th of last month. Then it took 4 days for the kit to arrive, (yes i have it) It was advised that i put 1 gallon of bleach per day, so, the 26- 30th it had a total of 4 gallons of bleach added to it. I'm not on fire to swim in it in the next few days \ weeks but would like to. I'm more concerned with getting the levels correct and keeping them there.

With this pool being indoors, it may take a long time for the FC to drop.

You could use hydrogen peroxide to drop the FC. If interested we can search for the amount you would need. It will be a lot.

You can do that too. To lower your FC by half you would drain and refill half your pool volume. Depends on how much your water costs and whether you have high TA water that then would need acid to lower.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Now for the good news.. I purchased a product called Chlor Out. Measured enough to reduce the Chlorine from 44 to 22.. well the Chlorine dropped to 0 and the TA jumped thru the roof. I was able to use Acid to bring it down, and now all my levels are right where i want them. Thank you guys so much for all your advise, I wouldn't have been able to get it down without your help. ( I read tons of old posts) Thanks everyone for helping get me to the point where i can enjoy our pool.

Nightray, if you could highlight in your signature line that this is an indoor pool, that would really help us a lot. We just don't think "indoor" first when responding to multiple posts each day and sometimes that little (huge!) detail can slip by us.

Maddie :flower:

a little expensive for the kit.. but in truth, the pool store has already gotten me for that much. The TF-100 Test Kit is on the way, and bleach is going into the pool right now.. Cant tell you how much i appreciate the assistance. Looking over my first message, it looks like i didn't tell you that its a indoor in ground pool. Thanks again

After you get over the initial cost of the kit the reagents are cheap enough though so mainly just the initial investment.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.