New Jersey
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-15
Hi all, I will try and verify these test particularly the salt level at my PB store.

As you can see my salt it at 7600 and I do have a SWG the Pentair IC15, which I also learned from here that it is a bit light for a 10k plus pool but I’ll just supplement the with liquid as needed and probably run a lower than suggest CYA ~60 with 100% runtime 8 hours a day.

Unfortunately I took the advice of the contractor who built my pool for the company that I bought it from and added all the salt they had delivered for opening. He said it should be enough and to buy a bag or two to top up through the year. I found this forum after, read through Pool School, bought my own test kit and added the Pool Math app to my tool chest. This Test was from the Taylor 2006c and salt testing kits and admittedly was my first time so I am hoping there may have been user error.

I did have the pool company test the pool 48 hours after the pump and SWG started operating. I walked away unimpressed as I realized it did not include CYA or Salt. That was over two weeks ago. Hopefully they can verify these levels for me.

If my levels are this extreme would the suggestion be to drain half the pool and refill?

==========================================
Sasha’s Pool
------------------------------------------
Build Type: Vinyl Above Ground
Volume: 10300 gallons
------------------------------------------
Latest Test Result Summary:
FC: 1.6 (51 minutes ago)
CC: 0.0 (51 minutes ago)
pH: 7.8 (51 minutes ago)
TA: 120 (51 minutes ago)
CH: 70 (51 minutes ago)
CYA: 0 (51 minutes ago)
SALT: 7600 (51 minutes ago)
TEMPERATURE: 60° (51 minutes ago)
=========================================

Attachments

• F9C74F6A-6508-4904-BC23-50A8DFF347FE.jpeg
    F9C74F6A-6508-4904-BC23-50A8DFF347FE.jpeg
    167 KB · Views: 2
Do you remember how much salt the PB added? Your test result is pretty close to double what they should have added.

Check your testing protocol. Be sure you only used 10 ml of water for your sample.

Do you remember how much salt the PB added? Your test result is pretty close to double what they should have added.

Check your testing protocol. Be sure you only used 10 ml of water for your sample.

I just reviewed my security footage and counted 13 bags at 40lbs each of Kissner Clean & Pure Pool Salt that was added at opening or a total of 520 lbs. Looking at the back of my K-1766 salt test card it looks like an increase of 3k ppm would have been 250 lbs. Unfortunately it looks like the double math adds up for double the desired salt ppm.

I checked the sample tube, haven't rinsed it yet, and it looks like the sediment from after dumping the test would be about the 10 mL mark.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.