New Pool for Rookie

No. No blue light
Mine was doing the same. The unit has no power. I held the power button for 15 seconds to cycle a test and it would power up but then die in the water. Found where the power cord enters the unit that the nut wasnt threaded onto the collar and was letting water in which would shut down the unit. Maybe not the same issue.

Attachments

• 20210720_144735.jpg
    20210720_144735.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 10
For something expensive like this, if it's basically DOA I'd just return it and make it the supplier's issue to resolve rather than fix one thing to find the life of the unit was shortened down the road once the warranty runs out.

That really sucks though, I'm sorry.

Reactions: Ivan_atom
The unit is reporting Low Salt. You need to test the salt level in the pool. As Pat said, you need a Taylor K1766 test kit for that. Once you can test the salinity of the pool water, you can add salt (if necessary). If the salinity is good enough for the SWCG, then more troubleshooting is needed.
Thank you for your information. I added salt output and today "Low Salt" is not lit. I guess one problem less.

Reactions: bmoreswim
Mine was doing the same. The unit has no power. I held the power button for 15 seconds to cycle a test and it would power up but then die in the water. Found where the power cord enters the unit that the nut wasnt threaded onto the collar and was letting water in which would shut down the unit. Maybe not the same issue.
I believe Ben has a point, I'll return it to seller, let them figure it out. It's sad, but I have manual vacuum from previous owners. Let's hope it works, then I can do it Zen style. You know, only me, wind, forest and a pool...

I believe Ben has a point, I'll return it to seller, let them figure it out. It's sad, but I have manual vacuum from previous owners. Let's hope it works, then I can do it Zen style. You know, only me, wind, forest and a pool...
Yes I filed a warranty claim on mine just in case any damage occurred from the problem. They are worth big $$ as Ben said and let that be their problem, just frustrating when you can't use something you looked forward to having. The manual vac will just make you appreciate the new robot more ;-)

Fingers crossed the replacement comes quickly! I wouldn't call this a warranty claim either (not sure about Pentair but many manufacturers will send refurbished items out for warranty replacements), I'd just go to the store you bought it from and have them swap it for another brand new one (and pay for return shipping!). Hopefully no more then a few days.

Here is my weekend report.

Did not have much time, but was able to clean pool a bit. CYA is at ~ 30 (+- 1). As soon as I got to proper numbers for CYA, I started SLAM. All Sunday was able to maintain FC level around 12. Did overnight test, still have FC reduction ~ 3FC. Will keep rolling with adding chlorine.

The water is very cloudy and greenish. Photo on Sunday morning, during pool cleanup and before SLAM.
image_6483441.JPG

Today (Monday) morning it is still cloudy, but not that greenish. Or maybe I want it to be like that.

Got an email from Pool Supplies Canada. They saw the video I sent them, and will send me new robot. Looks promising and prompt response, hope this problem would be solved soon.
Anyway, would continue with SLAM and hopefully everything will be fine in few days.

Thanks everybody and have a great week.

Reactions: BenB and newdude
Here is my weekend report.

Did not have much time, but was able to clean pool a bit. CYA is at ~ 30 (+- 1). As soon as I got to proper numbers for CYA, I started SLAM. All Sunday was able to maintain FC level around 12. Did overnight test, still have FC reduction ~ 3FC. Will keep rolling with adding chlorine.

The water is very cloudy and greenish. Photo on Sunday morning, during pool cleanup and before SLAM.
View attachment 358634

Today (Monday) morning it is still cloudy, but not that greenish. Or maybe I want it to be like that.

Got an email from Pool Supplies Canada. They saw the video I sent them, and will send me new robot. Looks promising and prompt response, hope this problem would be solved soon.
Anyway, would continue with SLAM and hopefully everything will be fine in few days.

Thanks everybody and have a great week.
That's all good news! Water is headed in the right direction and the vendor is taking ownership of the issue. Just to get ahead of this, the process may take longer than you would like, but its a process that works when followed carefully. Glad you also had some positive reinforcement by the salt light going out after adding salt. You'll get a lot more positive reinforcement as you see more effects of your chemistry additions occurring.

Are you able to complete a signature that shows your pool equipment, and setup? You can see mine or others for examples of what to put in it. It is very helpful for responders to see when they are providing replies. If on a computer, click your name in the upper right, then signature. On mobile, hit the hamburger icon on the top left, then the person icon, then signature.

Reactions: Ivan_atom
That's all good news! Water is headed in the right direction and the vendor is taking ownership of the issue. Just to get ahead of this, the process may take longer than you would like, but its a process that works when followed carefully. Glad you also had some positive reinforcement by the salt light going out after adding salt. You'll get a lot more positive reinforcement as you see more effects of your chemistry additions occurring.

Are you able to complete a signature that shows your pool equipment, and setup? You can see mine or others for examples of what to put in it. It is very helpful for responders to see when they are providing replies. If on a computer, click your name in the upper right, then signature. On mobile, hit the hamburger icon on the top left, then the person icon, then signature.
Thank you bmoreswim. Yes, some small positive changes helps a lot. Adds some energy for sure. I'm planning to not just update signature, but list detailed report on each piece of equipment and status of it. The only problem is that I simply don't have much time at the moment. Definitely have it planned for near future.

Progress is good. :goodjob: To save on reagents, you can hold-off on doing the OCLTs until the water is clear unless you just really want to do it.
Oh, OK! One thing I little bit worried about PH. I know for SWG pools it tends to go up, but from what I understand, test result during SLAM for it is inaccurate. Should I add certain amount of PH reducer? Or wait till SLAM is over? Thank you.

Reactions: bmoreswim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.