Rayraynj

In The Industry
Nov 28, 2021
New Jersey
I just got finished spraying my gunite shell and next step is to dig the trenches for the plumbing and setup my equipment. I am interviewing plumbers to and the pricing for labor is all over the place from 1k to 3k. What would be a mid point price to pay to setup the following in NJ? I have 2 skimmers, 6 returns and a line for pool cleaner. The paid is setup and I have a 3/4 gas riser installed. I am looking for setup the following for a pool only no spa. I have an election that will bring the power and wire up the units and lights.

400 NG heater
Pool plump
Controller with IC-40
Filter
Pump for pool cleaner

I'm building a house and pool in FL right now and can only tell you craft labor is all over the place here as well. I think the variation is due to several things:
  • Demand is still very high. So most have a long backlog that they'll lose before they can get to it. This means many will take only jobs they like.
  • There are some skilled workers that haven't renewed their licenses but are being tempted to work because of high wages. Stay away from these since you don't know the skill level 'till you hire them.
  • Contractors on the low end may be good value because they are just between big jobs. This can be great value but proceed with caution! Check references and look at recent work. The other reason for the low end price can be they have a poor track record and what you are getting is shoddy work. This is terrible value... it's just cheap work that will cost you in the long run.
I hope this is helpful.

Chris

Pvc is up and valves are hard to find (good valves) and way up. That's actually a lot of plumbing compared to average and quite a bit of material too. If you can get material and labor for under 3k from an experienced POOL plumber sign him up

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.