Stuart/FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
I'm trying to set up a new camera to record a time-lapse video of the new pool construction. What would be a recommended frame interval? I was thinking about 10 - 15 seconds interval would generate and about 2 - 3 minutes video per day. Any thoughts?

I have mine set to take a photo every 5 minutes through the whole project but I haven't checked it lately and since the project is taking longer than anticipated, I hope it is still recording. We did this while building our house and it was really fun to see the final video. :)

We're under construction now and I've been taking them with 1 hour of real time = 1 minute of video. I guess at 30 fps that's a frame every 2 seconds. Works well, although a longer interval would have been fine also.

So I guess I will stick with 15 seconds intervals (4 frames per minute) and then will speed up the video in the editor.

I'm using Synology Surveillance Station with Amcrest camera. Here are the settings.

TimeLapse Settings 1.jpg

TimeLapse Settings 2.jpg

has anybody done this with an old iphone, and the time lapse feature? not sure how long battery will last. Seems like Brinno makes a camera that is designed for this, but I procrastinated, and its too late to order online. Having problems finding a local retailer who has in stock. Dig starts tomorrow!

I have used an iPhone to do this outside at school all day before. I just ran an extension cord out there and used the iphone power cord to make sure it didn't go dead.. Good luck! I was going to do this for my dig that started a few weeks ago, but my PB showed up 2 days early.

I have used an iPhone to do this outside at school all day before. I just ran an extension cord out there and used the iphone power cord to make sure it didn't go dead.. Good luck! I was going to do this for my dig that started a few weeks ago, but my PB showed up 2 days early.
Thanks. Any idea of how much memory it will take up on an iphone to film all day? Seems like there are no options to delay the speed of the time lapse. I will see if there are any apps I can find. Also, I am in negotiations with my teenage daughter about borrowing her GoPro. Kid drives a hard bargain!

If I remember correctly it didn't take as much memory as I thought it would. You might be able to adjust the quality of your camera settings.

I had my daughter set up my video camera when they came to install my fiberglass pool shell a few weeks ago. I just recorded it regular speed and sped it up to make a short time lapse.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
An interval of 10-15 seconds will be ok. By the way, can you tell me how you are building your pool? What tools do you use for that? I also made a pool some months ago, and it took me about one week. It is pretty fast, but I worked with a tractor I bought a Compact Tractors and Compact Tractors for Sale. I also have a farm, and usually, I use it for farming. I am happy that I found another place where I could use it.

Hi there, there are probably only around 20~30 days of activity, perhaps even fewer, around pool construction and those can be really spread out. Our dig-to-fill was about 4.5 months. So when you edit that down you’ll still have around an hour of video. It’ll make great viewing for someone, I’m sure! If you’re prepared to edit that further yourself then switch the camera on when you have people on site and go for it!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.