New pool- concerned about crack

Hi everyone,
We are in the process of having a new steel-walled inground pool installed. After the concrete was poured for the bottom, I noticed a horizontal crack on the slope from the shallow to the deep end. Our pool installer won’t be back for a few weeks to install the deck and the liner. In the meantime, I’m worried about this crack. We will definitely ask the installer about it , but I’m nervous about what he might say. Is a crack like this normal? Will it be problematic down the road if he doesn’t deal with it properly? I know the crack isn’t just surface because some ground water has come through it. Any input would be appreciated!Thank you!

Normal for leaving the pool empty with no water and liner. Looks like he poured actual concrete for the floor and a Mason's mix for the walls. He just needs to take care of the pock Mark's with Portland before he sets liner. I can see the trowel marks a mile away they will show when pool light is on

Normal for leaving the pool empty with no water and liner. Looks like he poured actual concrete for the floor and a Mason's mix for the walls. He just needs to take care of the pock Mark's with Portland before he sets liner. I can see the trowel marks a mile away they will show when pool light is on
The wall, footings and floor were all poured from the same truck, so it’s all the same stuff.

Reactions: PoolguyinCT

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Not many guys doing that type of work in shodank Landing; I’m pretty sure I know him..
you are in good hands... stay out his way, pay him & your family will have an awesome pool
He’s not from Schodack. I’m pretty sure we picked a reputable company and they haven’t given us a reason to worry- I just want to make sure everything is done correctly- it’s always good to have an unbiased opinion.

I’m not following you buddy... Walls are steel; I’m thinking imperial legacy package??

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.