Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
Hi,
new pool, new pool owner, ....everything looks great with visible pool finish. but i want to get ahead of any pending issues.

Today is the first day it hasnt rained since I've filled the pool (3 days ago). over 3" of rain on 1st and 2nd day - already had to drain pool a bit.

3rd day testing results before adding anything
FC= 0.5ppm LOW
CC = 0.5ppm LOW
CH = 200 ppm
TA = 110
CL = 0~0.25 estimate... LOW
PH = 8
CYA = 0

i believe some "pink stuff" and some "blue stuff" were added by pebble installer.
and PB tossed 2 chlorine pucks in the skimmer basket at 24 hours.
roughly 1.5 gallons of acid added so far.

I'm going to add some more acid and toss another chlorine puck in the skimmer per PB recommendation.
I've been brushing 2 - 3 times per day.... but really no plaster dust since the installers pressure washed when acid washing finish.

I'm trying to find the pool math recommendations... but when i add the test results i dont see where recommendations pop up.
I know there's a lot of forum postings I need to read on how-to...:)

thanks for any advice!

oh yeah - from pinch a penny before my TF-100 kit came in...

my fill water was:
TC = 0
FC = 0
ph = 7.8
Acid Demand = 2
TA = 150
CH = 175
Stabilizer = 0

and Day 1 after fill and some acid, also from Pinch a Penny
TC = 1
FC = 1
CC = 0?
ph = 7.2
TA = 120
CH = 375
Stabilizer = 0
TDS = 200

after the above tests, the PB put in 2 tabs of chlorine

Welcome!
Be sure to add your pool, equipment & testing kit details in your signature.

Links to the main TFP methods & calculations in my signature:

Welcome to TFP.

What type of plaster surface do you have? Were you given any startup guide by the PB? If you were not given a startup guide use http://www.oasispoolplastering.com/NPC_Start_Up_Proceedures.pdf

What test kit are you using?

Your FC is low - get it to 1.5-3 PPM. Either use your pucks or add some liquid chlorine/bleach. Unscented bleach with no additives. Not Clorox bleach that says it has Cloromax Technologies. Check your FC daily.

CC of 0.5 is ok.

Keep your pH on the high side. 7.8 - 8 for the first 30 days.

TA will come down as you lower pH.

CH is ok.

Add stablizer/CYA using the sock method to get to CYA 30. Then stop using your pucks, which add more CYA, and chlorinate using liquid chlorine.

Use PoolMath to calculate doses. Use CSI in PoolMath instead of the LSI on the startup page.

Read ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry
recommended-pool-chemicals for procedures to add specific chemicals.
General chemistry level recommendations are at recommended-levels

Reactions: pewl
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.