Bronze Supporter
Mar 27, 2021
Pennsylvania
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello, after spending 37 years in the Army I decided to retire and GC my own pool build.....what was I thinking?

Im close to breaking ground and realized I haven’t spent enough time on the spa design. The spa is rectangular 9ft x 4 ft.

im dead seton using CMP’s inline jet array product.....side not if I can find any ugh.

Has anyone use this product for they’re build that can recommend jet array placements?
Thank you
RodB

Hello Rod and welcome to TFP! :wave: Congrats on your retirement and thanks for your service brother. :salut: However now it sounds as though you are about to work hard again. :)

I would recommend starting a new thread in the Under Construction sub-forum so that you can keep all of your build questions & answers all in one place. Lots of folks here to help you out. Best of luck to you.

Last edited:
Hello Rob and welcome to TFP! :wave: Congrats on your retirement and thanks for your service brother. :salut: However now it sounds as though you are about to work hard again. :)

I would recommend starting a new thread in the Under Construction sub-forum so that you can keep all of your build questions & answers all in one place. Lots of folks here to help you out. Best of luck to you.
Thanks for the reply! It’s Rod actually not that it matters since you’re in Texas maybe you can direct me where I can find the CMP Jet Array part for my build I’m looking for 9 each part number 23308-930-000. Maybe you can refer me to a pool parts supplier that might have them. Yes, you’re exa right I thought 37 years was a bit of a ride but this is a challenge I dint expect. I have the dig, steel, plumbing and plaster contractors established. I was breaking ground the 5 of April however the inability to secure the jet array’s has put my project on hold. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I’ll look for the sub-thread you mentioned.

Rod

Reactions: StuartBound
Hello, after spending 37 years in the Army I decided to retire and GC my own pool build.....what was I thinking?

Im close to breaking ground and realized I haven’t spent enough time on the spa design. The spa is rectangular 9ft x 4 ft.

im dead seton using CMP’s inline jet array product.....side not if I can find any ugh.

Has anyone use this product for they’re build that can recommend jet array placements?
Thank you
RodB
Hello Rod, If you're still around, how did you make out with the JetArrays? I'm also starting a pool and also want these for my Spa

Sorry not sure when you sent these I have the jets and love them! Questions let me know sorry for the late response
Hey Rod, Thanks so much for even replying to this old thread. I see you're in Pennsylvania. We recently moved from the Cherry Hill area to Florida and are still trying to adjust to the new lifestyle. one thing that's been easy to get used to is the weather. Come summer I know that tune will change.

I have spoke with a few PBs, in this area, and have been getting some "push back" on the JetArray jets. saying things like they're too complicated to install, because of the way they have to be mounted/secured and that the Spa walls would have to be about 2 ft thick because of the size of the housing. Did you have any of these "speed bumps" and if so, how did they get resolved?

Randy

Hey Rod, Thanks so much for even replying to this old thread. I see you're in Pennsylvania. We recently moved from the Cherry Hill area to Florida and are still trying to adjust to the new lifestyle. one thing that's been easy to get used to is the weather. Come summer I know that tune will change.

I have spoke with a few PBs, in this area, and have been getting some "push back" on the JetArray jets. saying things like they're too complicated to install, because of the way they have to be mounted/secured and that the Spa walls would have to be about 2 ft thick because of the size of the housing. Did you have any of these "speed bumps" and if so, how did they get resolved?

Randy
No speed bumps sounds like the builder wants to use what they want and not what you want. I general contracted my pool. The experience of the plumber is key but honestly it wasn’t that different and well worth it for many reason mostly because those standard jest always have issues. These blast the waster and are perfecto. If you can make it happen you’ll like them. Print the data sheet for the jets and hand it to you builder of better yet when you meet with the builder make them bring their plumber along. If they won’t do that skip to the next builder.

Reactions: StuartBound
No speed bumps sounds like the builder wants to use what they want and not what you want. I general contracted my pool. The experience of the plumber is key but honestly it wasn’t that different and well worth it for many reason mostly because those standard jest always have issues. These blast the waster and are perfecto. If you can make it happen you’ll like them. Print the data sheet for the jets and hand it to you builder of better yet when you meet with the builder make them bring their plumber along. If they won’t do that skip to the next builder.
Good to know. I am waffling between Owner Build or a PB. Do you have any pics before Gunite at the Rebar stage? or pics of the jets working? how many did you end up using all 9?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I am waffling between Owner Build or a PB.
Many of us spent so much time keeping the PB on task, that it was worse than a OB. With an OB I would have been dealing with the subs directly. With the PB I had to go to him and wait for him to call the subs and hope he explained the problems well enough.

The crew that showed often had the 3rd retelling of the telephone game.

Many of us spent so much time keeping the PB on task, that it was worse than a OB. With an OB I would have been dealing with the subs directly. With the PB I had to go to him and wait for him to call the subs and hope he explained the problems well enough.

The crew that showed often had the 3rd retelling of the telephone game.
Yes agreed. it's always better to do the face to face to avoid that effect I'm still learning and trying to understand the big picture (also to answer all my family/friends questions) so, if one does an OB, then they need 1-2 million liability insurance in case of an on-site accident? And as far as any warranty goes, since a PB isn't involved then I guess the money saved is like a self insurance policy or in this case, your Warranty?

Last edited:
Reactions: Newdude
Good to know. I am waffling between Owner Build or a PB. Do you have any pics before Gunite at the Rebar stage? or pics of the jets working? how many did you end up using all 9?
Hey not sure how but if you can direct message me your email I’ll send you all kinds of info and pics. If not I can try via the forum.

Yes agreed. it's always better to do the face to face to avoid that effect I'm still learning and trying to understand the big picture (also to answer all my family/friends questions) so, if one does an OB, then they need 1-2 million liability insurance in case of an on-site accident? And as far as any warranty goes, since a PB isn't involved then I guess the money saved is like a self insurance policy or in this case, your Warranty?
I just made sure all my subs were insured. I save around 30,000 being a general contractor got a much better pool for less $$. It’s a hassle dealing with subs but worth it in the end. Takes a lot of research finding great subs. I have a very thick book from my build.