New Pool Build Texas, Dallas area

Jun 10, 2012
Hi All,
We are putting in a pool and I have no idea if what is proposed makes sense or is overkill. It's much more expensive than I thought it would be. I'm looking for Feedback. Here is the info:
Pool size: 23'x36', 22,000 gal, 3'.5"-8'.5" depth. 118" perimeter, 660 sq. ft.
Dual Drain, 2 skimmers, 6 returns
1/2" steel, Steel centers 10" with 5" alternates.
Coping Travertine, interior Finish Pebble Sheen
Cost of the above approx. $70,000, if we do the Spa add $13,500

Equipment:
Pump 1: Intelliflo Variable speed
Pump 2: water feature booster pump: 1.5 HP Whisperflo
Pump 3: Cleaner pump Pentair 3/4 HP

Filter: Clean and clear 520 sq.ft. cartridge by pentair
Cleaner type: Letro Racer
Controller: Pentair easy touch 8
Sanitation Components: Ozone (not sure what this is for )
2 LED Pentair pool lights 1 LED Spa light
Android /I phone pool spa control
Cost of the Equipment $13,500

This doesn't include the water feature, decking, drainage, and sprinkler reroute and repair. What are your thoughts and what should I be asking the pool builder? Attached is the rendering...
Providential 4.30.19_012.jpgProvidential 4.30.19_012.jpg

Red,

Prices for the same pool vary greatly just based upon the neighborhood you live in... The nicer the house, the more the pool will cost...

Ditch the Ozone and go with a Saltwater Chlorine Generator (SWCG)

The EasyTouch 8 will work fine as your automation system, but they now have the IntelliCenter, which has more features for almost same money..

Ditch the water powered cleaner and move into this Century and buy a Robot on your own..

The IntelliFlo pump is great, just make sure you do NOT get the one with the SVRS option.

The filter is great..

If you have never used a gunite spa, do yourself a favor and try one out before buying one.. Gunite spas are the most oversold and underused items in a pool build. My guess is that 50% of the owners love them, but that leaves 50% that rarely, or never use them... A lot of money for something you may not use..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks Jim.
I've sent a note to the builder on the sanitation system. We didn't talk about ozone, only saltwater, would that be needed if we put in the spa? I've also asked about a robot cleaner.
I agree on the Spa, this is something I'm not convinced we'll use. So its on the chopping block.
-"The IntelliFlo pump is great, just make sure you do NOT get the one with the SVRS option." Why do you say that? What is the difference?
Thanks.
Red

Red,

The IntelliFlo is a great pump... Unfortunately, they made one model with an SVRS option.. Safety Vacuum Release System.. It does not work well.. I know because my pool builder talked me into one. The pump was designed for when you only have one main drain opening in the bottom of the pool.. It keeps someone from sitting on the main drain and being held down by the suction of the pump.. It is just no longer needed as all new pools have two drains and it is impossible to get stuck anymore.. It was very rare anyway, now impossible. The SVRS just does not work and if you simple close a valve too quickly, or a number of other minor things, the pump will shut off. This is a slightly older model and I doubt it is the pump your pool builder will use, but there are some still out there that people are trying to get rid of, so it is just a work of caution..

You do not need the OZone.. with or without a Spa..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.