New pool build (soon!) in San Fernando Valley

Thanks, Kim! Looking that up right now. We are delayed until Saturday due to some equipment issues but it's that much more time to read! Soon I'll actually have all of the pool information available to put in my profile. :)

Just googled your interior colour and I think it’s a perfect shade of blue. It’s going to look fabulous! I’m so excited for you especially since you still have plenty of warm weather to enjoy your beautiful new pool. I think all in all you should be very happy with your pb.

Further progress today, and I hear that the spill bowls should be arriving on Tuesday so hopefully we will get the yard project completely done this week! PB has a service for startup and the first month of getting everything up and running (up until the SWG is turned on) but my test kit is en route and I'll have lots of time to work with it. Landscaping is settling in pretty well; a few dead plants will need replacement under their warranty, and we're fine-tuning the timing on the irrigation system, but the designer said things have done really well given the hot weather. Tough time of year for new plants to get established here.

The finish is by Finest Finish, in their Radiant Fusion line, and the color is Blue Frost. We discussed adding extra abalone, as it comes standard with some shells and (quite a lot of) beads, but in the end we went with the finish as it comes. I think it's a good fit with our tile and overall design.

At this rate, we'll be full by early afternoon!

I love the finish! It fits in beautifully with your surrounding deck etc. Can’t wait to see it full. A couple of dead plants is absolutely minimal damage to what we experienced. It’s also great the your pb will replace them. All the pbs here state in their contracts that all care will be taken (lol) but they are not liable for any damage.

Thanks to both of you for all the support and guidance through this process! We feel like the color is going to be exactly right for us, but are giving it time to settle in. Hoping to take a few pics with spill bowls this week...still waiting to find out exactly when they're being installed. It was a great feeling to get it brushed, skim the surface leaf debris, and get the water circulating!

We are told we should be getting the all clear to swim by Friday (though of course no heater and no SWG yet), and we will be in great shape for the family gathering Labor Day weekend!

Okay, so we STILL have no spill bowls but everything else is done! Apparently the landscape designer asked the person who orders items for the price of one spill bowl (and then she multiplied it by three when doing our estimate). But the person who actually placed the order didn't get the message and when it came time to order, only one was ordered! I've heard it's beautiful ...but apparently it takes about a month to get them in from the time the order is placed. So the other two are "on the way" though I will believe it when I see them. I've lost track as to whether they should be arriving next week or the week after, but the installation should be pretty quick and their absence has not affected our ability to use the pool!

We have had no issues with the water chemistry or anything, and the finish is all that we'd hoped for and then some! We are looking forward to being able to use the heater since the water tends to be just a few degrees cooler than we'd like during the times we want to be in the pool. But on hot days or when we've been doing work in the yard, it is absolutely glorious to be able to cool off in our own pool. We have family coming for Labor Day weekend (pool party in preparation for the fantasy football draft) and it'll be nice to let the kids swim while we barbecue.

Pictures still to come...when we are truly finished! Many thanks to all who have chimed in and those who have reassured us that there are many benefits to a tiny pool. :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.