New Pool Build Richmond/Rosenberg TX

apkeene

May 2, 2020
Richmond, TX
So very new to pools and never owned 1 before. I am in the process of selecting a pool company to build our pool at our house. We have met with 7 pool companies to great comfortable with the company we choose and narrowed it do to 2 companies. Now I am in the process being picky as both companies have differences, but the prices are within about $3k +/- of each other.

What should I be watching out for?
I have asked both companies things like what are you using for plumbing (flex or rigid), distance for rebar centers, and warranties.

Welcome to the forum!

Some light reading! Be sure to post up the info before committing to anything. Members can provide guidance on design, best practices, and equipment selection.

I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.

Well we have learned a lot for this site an other research independently which is why at least 1 of the builder is out for trying to use flex pvc and trying to call it schedule 40 in the ground. unfortunately we do get terimates in Houston area not to mention a lot of other things.

So wife and I have talked about doing ourselves in adding the Color LED bulbs after the fact, install a baby safe fence, and possibly purchasing our own robot/vac.

Question around the vac... should i be concerned if the builder doesn't install booster pump and the line for vac during the build? Or should I be able to self pump in the booster and possibly use 1 of the skimmers? Or is it better to go to a fully self contained electric model? If we did electric I would have the builder add a 120v GFI outlet on the back side of the waterfall retention hall...

Pressure side cleaners are from the age of rotary dial telephones. No reason to install any part of one. Just get a quality robot on your own. Many of us purchase them from Marina Pool Spa in Denver Co. A GFCI outlet no closer than 10' from the pool is what you want for the robot. Preferably where the control can be out of the weather and direct sun.

Sound like a NEMA box behind the pool with the outlet easy enough. The only other outlet would put the cable in the way of where my daughter would run into the back yard.... Also what about paster... Most companies standard use white plaster but I ran into a company that their stand pool is quartz with a 10 year warranty... not really interested in pebble.

I have no experience with types of plaster other than visiting friends that had a pebble type pool and it was rough. Our pool is fiberglass -- smooth!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.