New pool build. Questions about proper testing with the TF-100 & what products I need

Re: New pool build. Questions about proper testing with the TF-100 & what products I

I got lazy and bought the liquid CYA. Cost more, but boy was it easier. :swim:

Re: New pool build. Questions about proper testing with the TF-100 & what products I

Ok, a couple more questions. Is the scale on the Taylor K-1000 that came with my test kit ppm? What I'm asking is when I do my daily test for chorline, do I enter the number in the yellow square that matches the water color? Also, since I keep my pool covered when not in use, is it acceptable to pull test water from the skimmer?

Test kit question-yes but make sure to use the CL number instead of the BR. I will tell you this test is not as good as the powder test in your TF-100 kit. The color test is more of "Is there any FC in my pool?" kind of test instead of "How much FC is in my poo?".

You can pull from the skimmer IF the pump has been running about 30 mins or so. For me I try to make sure I get my sample from the same place each time so it will be consistent.

:kim:

Got it. I run my pump 24/7. I set the speed to 1300 RPM / 10 GPM 140watt at night and run it at 2000 RPM / 30 GPM 440 watt during the day. If I use the number from the CL reading on the K-1000 and plug it into Pool Math will that give me accurate information on how much bleach to add?

I don't think so...........that test is more of a "oh there is chlorine in the water test" instead of there is XX amount of chlorine in the pool.

:kim:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.