New Pool Build - Plano, TX

Great to hear. I was certain they would correct this.
It's still over a week later than what we were told. I am not going to lie ... there was a fair amount of foot stomping, raised voices and not so nice words said to the Hauk team the last 48 hours. I was insisting they give us plaster today but obviously did not get my way.

The fence guy contracted through the PB comes today @ 2:30p to discuss our issues. That was a crazy experience too. We initially met with B, then his wife went into labor early and he handed the job over to D. D wasn't engaged in the process and was rarely out here to check on the guys. I found out yesterday that D left to take another job. We must be a magnet for this kind of thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and gobubs, I was going to tell you I asked the new PM the difference between Pebbletec and the Hauk Custom mix and was told it was the same product, just a proprietary color difference. That Hauk was the only place you could get that color. I'm not sure that is 100% correct but ... thought I would pass it along.

It's still over a week later than what we were told. I am not going to lie ... there was a fair amount of foot stomping, raised voices and not so nice words said to the Hauk team the last 48 hours. I was insisting they give us plaster today but obviously did not get my way.

The fence guy contracted through the PB comes today @ 2:30p to discuss our issues. That was a crazy experience too. We initially met with B, then his wife went into labor early and he handed the job over to D. D wasn't engaged in the process and was rarely out here to check on the guys. I found out yesterday that D left to take another job. We must be a magnet for this kind of thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and gobubs, I was going to tell you I asked the new PM the difference between Pebbletec and the Hauk Custom mix and was told it was the same product, just a proprietary color difference. That Hauk was the only place you could get that color. I'm not sure that is 100% correct but ... thought I would pass it along.

Sales told me this as well. I still believe since PebbleSheen has to be applied by a PebbleSheen certified employee that it has best chance for success. At the end of the day, I bet you it will work out the same.

Fence guy just stopped by to see the issues. There is going to be a lot of rework. The fence is 9" short in one spot, lots of spliced in boards and so many other issues that I can't even begin to explain. The best story was that when they built the retaining wall they didn't want to put a support in where we asked them to. Once all the backfill came in the board popped out. The fence people then had to dig out all of the backfill, push in the board and used about 30 nails to try and keep it in place. Yeah, that's going to last.

If it's the same company, AB plaster works all over the metroplex. They did a friend of mine's pool recently. They also have a house brand, that is a bit cheaper. He went with the house brand, and was happy with it, and he's pretty picky. They also gave another buddy a bid for a replaster, but I'm not sure if he's going that way or not.

Oh and good luck with the plaster! Look forward to seeing pics!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well, they are done. Looks good but there are some areas that I am worried about.

Is this mottling normal?

Looking from the side.

Looking back towards the house.

Check out all the loose plaster hanging out on top of the seat.

Coping is still dirty but I am assured it will clean up. They got some blue plaster on it too!

Ugly divot in the coping. Hadn't noticed it until today.

Spa

Can you see the low spot on the sun shelf? Let this go or no?

The color looks alot like mine. I like it!

I also had similar splotching after the first day. The acid wash tomorrow(?) should remove a lot of that. I'd make sure you are there and paying attention when they do that, as that is the best opportunity to address it. I wasn't there for all of mine, and they were a little sloppy in some of the corners. I was told it evens out with brushing over time. Mine has evened out some, but not totally been eliminated.

And yes, I'm still picking plaster off of coping and the stained concrete decking. Mostly it has pressure sprayed off. There's just little flecks of it here and there you notice from time to time.

Looks good!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.