New Pool Build - Midland, TX

We had our first visitor. Wife freaked out. Not really sure what kind it is but it wasn't aggressive.

yhe3upe3.jpg

3ybuse9y.jpg

We have 2 small dogs that a bullsnake could probably kill. Rattlesnakes are more common around here, which I thought it was at first and why I killed it. Of course it had no rattlers.

Anyways. PB showed up around 7am this morning and started plaster.

[attachment=1:310edy3i]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370096449.022328.jpg[/attachment:310edy3i]
[attachment=0:310edy3i]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370096461.156304.jpg[/attachment:310edy3i]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370096449.022328.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370096449.022328.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 238
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370096461.156304.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370096461.156304.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 237
pool is almost filled up! going on 24 hours now, and probably 2 or 4 more to go. we discovered 2 leaks on the spa. PB believes the plaster around the jets isn't fully sealed. i sure hope that's the case.

PB is doing an Acid start-up for the plaster

null_zps2943da5e.jpg

null_zps694a0223.jpg

null_zpsf2ecf424.jpg

null_zps985f0b19.jpg

null_zps3236a8bd.jpg

duraleigh said:
Yikes! :shock: :shock: I am not a true expert nor a snake lover but I'm pretty sure that's a Bull Snake.....one of the very best to have around for a variety of reasons.

Oh man, that was a good snake. Bull Snake indeed. We also have Desert Kings here too. Black with yellow flecks/saddle pattern on the back. If you see one of those, leave it alone...they eat Rattlers, keeping you and the family safer.

Brushpup said:
duraleigh said:
Yikes! :shock: :shock: I am not a true expert nor a snake lover but I'm pretty sure that's a Bull Snake.....one of the very best to have around for a variety of reasons.

Oh man, that was a good snake. Bull Snake indeed. We also have Desert Kings here too. Black with yellow flecks/saddle pattern on the back. If you see one of those, leave it alone...they eat Rattlers, keeping you and the family safer.

everything i've read states that is a common myth about bull snakes, but they are good at controlling rodent population. i wasn't sure if it was poisonous or not at the time, but i know now its not and won't take out another ;)

wife said she will have the shotgun ready in case any rattlers come around :shock:

Howren73 said:
Brushpup said:
duraleigh said:

everything i've read states that is a common myth about bull snakes, but they are good at controlling rodent population. i wasn't sure if it was poisonous or not at the time, but i know now its not and won't take out another ;)

wife said she will have the shotgun ready in case any rattlers come around :shock:

I was speaking about King Snakes eating Rattle Snakes, not Bull Snakes. Yes that is a Myth when it comes to the Bull, but Kings absolutely do. Less common than Bulls by far, but they are here. Sorry to have hijacked your post....

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Awsome Vid. I used to feed my King's Rattlers and won several wagers on who would win. :) Now.....ENOUGH about the snakes :)

So how have you liked your bulider so far? I know someone who just got one built here and had some issues with the plaster. Kinda scary when you consider the many, many, 10's of K dollars they spent.

he's a good builder, we've just had to stay on top of him, making sure everything was done in a timely manner. he's got 3 other pools in the process right now. we did have a leak around 2 of the spa jets and in between the plaster and the rocks along the spillway. PB sealed everything with silicone and its not leaking anymore.

Congrats on the new pool build. We are in Northlake just north of Fort Worth but I grew up in Odessa...We just completed our build in time for the 4th. You will love it and if/when we get a snake I will let you know because my wife is terrified of them. The folks here on TFP are awesome and they have really helped me out during the process. I have tons of pics on my thread (see my signature below). Last thing is become a member to help support the efforts of this site...so worth it in my opinion!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.