New Pool Build, Magnolia Texas

Any new updates/pictures of my new pool and house? :mrgreen:

LOL, Yes indeed!

Sorry, it's been crazy trying to open the community, and to be honest, I've been having problems uploading photos from my phone to my Photobucket account. I'm not sure why, but it's uploaded multiples of each photo so instead of 30-40 photos, I now have 330 in this folder! Not sure what happened but in any event.

So the pool has been plastered and filled! It's clearing up now, and they've been working on the fire pit, but it's been so wet they haven't been able to do much of anything. In the meantime, the green is quickly disappearing! We had an issue with a leaking pipe down below, but that's been fixed. I'm very happy with the way this pool came out!

82D58D4D-9C51-4AC4-8C66-2860E74BDC2A_zpswjbz0fed.jpg

6BB9A7B3-C955-4942-9240-54C9BBF6334A_zpsztc0x3zh.jpg

EB02C4CC-188B-4313-A3AC-EB68E9F5C9E3_zps23zcbkhm.jpg

FCB501C4-B1A4-4868-9038-7F442003A91D_zpsz08jvrcs.jpg

F175BBE6-B67D-424B-A395-F3AF31B09CFD_zpsdlawgdan.jpg

822C232F-9EDB-462C-AC8F-EF94E7769AD5_zpsggyjpnge.jpg

C40BB9AB-E471-47C2-9F31-1B9E6872B8FF_zps5iwapjzo.jpg

42EA7D25-FF70-4BF4-ADA0-765E90E0B9F3_zpsx2sf2mga.jpg

36F24C75-7DB8-4C79-88B6-502C09196219_zpsp8y986dk.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Beautiful! You ought to be very proud!

Thanks, it has been a lot of work!

:sun: it's beautiful!

Great job!

Gorgeous!

Thank you!

That came out really nice! Enjoy!

So nice to hear!

The vanishing edge is tight!

I love it as well!

Your pool is very tasteful and inviting! Nice job.

Tasteful is what we was going for!

I think this is my favorite pool of all time!

OK, now that's a stretch, but thanks!

Incredible. I'm contemplating throwing my entire design in the trash and plagiarizing what you've done. (Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.) Stunning pool.

Go right ahead. Let me know if you have any questions. I probably would change a few things....

Looks gorgeous! Based on this, I may just go with a round spa (like I wanted) for my rectangular pool.

Gotta have the contrast!

What color is your plaster, if you don't mind me asking?

Don't mind at all...Pebble Shen Slate Blue

Beautiful pool! Could you share with us the cost to build this infinity edge pool?

Over $100k with the fire pit.

Speaking of fire pits......

The pool builder's owner has been out of town the last two weeks. The owner came in today and looked at the site with the pool builder's foreman. Keep in mind I trust both these guys as I have a 3 year relationship with the owner. He is very worried about how soft the soils are on the hillside, and I don't blame him. The fill used there was on the finer side, and it's been wet, or at least conditions that would keep things damp, since we started.

So we'll see what this means for the steps and the fire pit. We'll figure out a way, but we might need to get creative. Stay tuned!

So the gunnite was shot for the stairs and the fire pit. We ended up having to put in a retaining wall / beam because of the soil conditions. Not so ideal, and costly, but I won't worry about this assembly sliding down the hill. It's tied to the pool, of course, but extra insurance now is cheap.

ATmio4s.jpg

syDOs07.jpg

TTkR0Xx.jpg

JPOazqQ.jpg

wbbW12i.jpg

ATmio4s.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.