New pool build - Little Elm, TX

Your pool drawing did not do your pool justice. The pool is looking great I really like how you put the stone on the steps in the pool nice touch. What type of stone did you use around the outside of your raised spa and water features?

Frisco5 said:
Your pool drawing did not do your pool justice. The pool is looking great I really like how you put the stone on the steps in the pool nice touch. What type of stone did you use around the outside of your raised spa and water features?

Thank you so much, Frisco5! The stone is Oklahoma flagstone. The builder told me today how lucky i was to have gotten such a consistent color in my batch of stone. Im very happy with it. Fingers crossed that it blends well with the decking aggregate. :)

Frisco5....About the stone, i forgot to mention that the method used to lay the stone is called "dry stacked", as there is no visible mortar. The mortar is on the back of the stone. My original inspiration for doing this was the stone on the building in my Taco Bell drive-thru. Thats right folks, you read that correctly, i selected my stone so that my back yard oasis could resemble a Taco Bell! Lol! :cheers:

That is too funny, I will never look at a Taco Bell the same again ;)) Crazy the places you get inspiration from. Thanks for giving me the name of the stone I thought the Oklahoma flagstone was the big pieces going around the edge of the pool.

Our "stone" wall was patterned after an interior stone wall at a Yankee Candle superstore in Williamsburg. You never know where inspiration will strike.

The project is coming along nicely and looking great!

Looks great, we are starting our build here shortly right outside of Little Elm in the Colony and were wondering if you were told to get your lot chemically injected due to the crummy soil we have in the area. We are 50/50 on it and wondering what everyones thoughts were?

fritzbrew said:
Looks great, we are starting our build here shortly right outside of Little Elm in the Colony and were wondering if you were told to get your lot chemically injected due to the crummy soil we have in the area. We are 50/50 on it and wondering what everyones thoughts were?

We were given the option of that, but told that Prosper hasn't typically needed it. So, we opted not to.

I know that doesn't help you, but yes, we had that option.

fritzbrew said:

This never came up with any builder when i was getting estimates, nor did my neighbors with pools mention it. Fingers crossed that i didnt need it! :shock:

Aggregate decking was done this week, so im happy to be able to finally walk in my back yard without a Haz-mat suit. :-D
A couple mistakes were made, but hopefully one of them will be corrected. The other is a crooked line on the sidewalk pour, so i guess is permanent. :roll:
The deck coloring is still splotchy from the curing process. I dont love the color yet.
Im also anxious to get furniture, potted plants and umbrellas in place, as i feel like its kind of a sea of beige right now. I know that'll help to break it up a lot.
What you see is exactly 2 weeks of work. Not too shabby! Next week is the fencing, plaster, sprinklers, etc.....Stay tuned.... :-D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 382

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'm digging it.

Hopefully the concrete color will work itself out. A good coat of sealer usually help with that too.

As for the crooked sidewalk line, well, just have another margarita and you will never notice it! :cheers:

Divin Dave

The rain has delayed some progress the last few days, but the sprinklers were done today. Hopefully this means we're up and running again. The concrete has lightened up like i'd hoped, but is very dirty right now, as expected.
Ill also post a picture of the "crooked" place in the sidewalk pour. Somehow, its kinda grown on me as being just another "curve" in the already freeform structure. Thank God....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 347
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 346
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 347
LeLori said:
I just keep tellin myself that its a "happy accident". Looks like just another "curve, right?! :?

Hummm.... Well my thoughts are nothing is ever perfect, not in my world and actually, I would find it without character if it were. :mrgreen:

Did Picasso ever paint a perfect painting? Did Beethoven ever compose the perfect concerto?
Did George Straight ever sing the perfect song? (well maybe he did but...) :hammer:

The point is, I think you should embrace that curve for the work of art that it is.

I like it!

Thanks everyone and you're right Divin Dave, Ill consider it "art". :goodjob:
Also, my pool builder and a couple of the workman have successfully convinced me to darken my plaster to Ocean Blue Pebble Sheen. I had originally chosen Prism Blue, but they all felt strongly that i should go with black Pebble Sheen, which i simply dont have the guts to do. It is beautuful though. Just too risky for me. I do, however, feel comfortable darkening the color by one shade. This is supposed to be the equivalent of Midnight Blue Pebble Tec, which many seem to love, but we'll see. Fingers crossed... :shock:

That sounds exciting, can't wait to see what the new color choice looks like. I personally would want darker if I do a pool, I think it makes the pool look really nice from picture I have seen. Good luck and I am sure it will be fine, you have made some great choices so far.

Sprinklers, sod and my fence getting put back up were the only major developments since my last update....BUT.....i finally found some POTS!!! I realize this is not the "decorating" forum, but finding these babies was almost as stressful as choosing tile and plaster. Almost.... :whoot:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 297

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.