New pool build in Prosper, TX

Odin

Jul 31, 2015
Prosper, TX
I posted some questions here a few years ago when we started building a new house, but I ended up spending my pool money adding things on to the house, so the pool was delayed. Started the new pool a couple of weeks ago.

We already have a large, covered outdoor living/dining/kitchen area, so the build will be for a pool, spa and fire pit. Landscaping in the back yard will come as soon as the pool is complete, I didn't want to include that in the pool since they would just subcontract it out and mark it up.

The pool is a free form "play" pool, about 23'x37' at the longest point. 632' square foot of pool, 118 linear feet around, 19,750 gallons. The spa is 38 square feet, 24 linear feet around. There is a grotto and two 6' weeping wall waterfalls. A big planter behind the pool for some privacy. About 1700 sq ft of travertine decking from the house out to the pool, over the top of the existing patio.

I have decided to go with saltwater to avoid the chemical hassle, and because I prefer the feel. Equipment will be Pentair Intelliflow with a 3HP variable speed booster pump.

The dig was 7/20, steel rebar 7/21, rough plumbing 7/23, shotcrete 7/26. Tile/coping/stone work is in progress right now.

I've attached a link to the concept video because it's easier than trying to describe the design.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LP3Axueg5Y

- - - Updated - - -

I will post some progress pics here.

My goodness that's a nice night time view with a firepit. I commend you on your choice of a SWG. Best thing ever for pools!

Do you have little children you'll be needing to segregate from the pool? Will you need fencing or anything? Just something to think about now.

Keep us posted with pics, please! We love pics and watching progress with you :)

Maddie :flower:

My goodness that's a nice night time view with a firepit. I commend you on your choice of a SWG. Best thing ever for pools!

Do you have little children you'll be needing to segregate from the pool? Will you need fencing or anything? Just something to think about now.

Keep us posted with pics, please! We love pics and watching progress with you :)

Maddie :flower:

Thanks! No kids, just us and the dogs. We have a fence around the perimeter of the yard, and I’ll be adding some landscape and a small fenced in area for the dogs to keep them from getting behind the pool/berm, but nothing between the pool and the house.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.