New Pool Build In Progress - IG Vinyl

I would be SO tempted to go talk to the crew!!! Hey guys heading this way next? Here are some cold drinks with some adult ones at the end!!!
I'm about ready to and I'll just hire them to help me do it....LOL

Moone Boy Waiting GIF by HULU
I have no idea how you have been impatiently awaiting your pool build....maybe I'm only in the beginning stages of impatiently awaiting, cause right now the more I think about it the more P!$$ED I get. Right now it's gonna be around 100 for the next week and the following week its supposed to rain or storm every day starting on Thursday. If they don't start tomorrow, then I doubt the get started before August.

I looked up the other PB I thought about using when I was getting quotes (the one who has 3-4 locations). They are doing about 6-8 builds a month in cities close to my town. Apparently they have a better work ethic!!!

I have no idea how you have been impatiently awaiting your pool build
I won't lie and say I'm handling it well, but it could be worse...check out this link from my city. Luckily, my PB hasn't gotten to this point yet, yet. Oddly enough though, my PB company name is so close to this one that they had to post on their website they are not this guy!

I looked up the other PB I thought about using when I was getting quotes (the one who has 3-4 locations). They are doing about 6-8 builds a month in cities close to my town. Apparently they have a better work ethic!!!
I reached out to my #2 PB last year in 2021 once the delays started, which in hindsight should've been my #1, but he won't build off other people's equipment and he also decided to retire and not deal with this stuff anymore.

I won't lie and say I'm handling it well, but it could be worse...check out this link from my city. Luckily, my PB hasn't gotten to this point yet, yet. Oddly enough though, my PB company name is so close to this one that they had to post on their website they are not this guy!

I reached out to my #2 PB last year in 2021 once the delays started, which in hindsight should've been my #1, but he won't build off other people's equipment and he also decided to retire and not deal with this stuff anymore.
That's ridiculous!!!! I just don't get some people and how they rip others off.

I would of gone with the other PB but I would of had to hire someone to do concrete, someone to do electrical and not got a heater/chiller (well I don't have one now either but maybe will have once they install the pool).

Awesome, Gotta take the good with the bad I guess. Showing up is half the battle! 🤞this finally happens for you!
Yep it sure is….to bad I don’t have faith in them that they will show up today. I was going to go out of town with my wife and kids for my wife’s birthday today so they better show.

sigh.............oh they will show AFTER you leave then have to leave since you are not there :( OR it could be even worse. How you say? They show, paint, then dig the WRONG pool in your yard!!! Since you are not there to measure it you get the wrong size pool :( Yeah I have seen them dig the wrong pool. Oh and the time the put the deep end over here instead of over there..............May the fates favor you and they show up and dig the correct pool!!!

sigh.............oh they will show AFTER you leave then have to leave since you are not there :( OR it could be even worse. How you say? They show, paint, then dig the WRONG pool in your yard!!! Since you are not there to measure it you get the wrong size pool :( Yeah I have seen them dig the wrong pool. Oh and the time the put the deep end over here instead of over there..............May the fates favor you and they show up and dig the correct pool!!!
Pool and equipment paid are laid out. Now we wait….lol

I know the guy he uses for his excavation. At least I know it will be dug correctly. Haha

We might have to move the equipment pad once they mark utilities and the backhoe operator checks out where my pipes are for my downspouts.

I think now that I’ve looked at the layout, it needs to move a foot so it’s centered exactly on our sunroom. Guess I can tell him that when they come to dig it.

The PB’s sons did quit him awhile back and went to work for a bridge construction company here in town. That’s partially what slowed him down as well as not finding good help. The pool he just finished up, the owners kept adding landscaping trying to outdo theirs friends pool.

Reactions: kimkats
Another update!!!

PB called and said he was looking at my drawing and noticed something wasn’t adding up. He got to looking at the contract and we didn’t have the size of the pool and he ordered the wrong size. We originally wanted a 14’x28’, he ordered a 16’x32’.

So two things with this.
1) that means whenever they ordered the liner they must of ordered it for a 16’x32’.

2) he will honor the original contract price and will swap out 14’x28’ for the 16’x32’ at the 14’x28’ contract price. Same depth as the original one was.

Happy Birthday to my wife….bigger pool!!:cool:

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Wait what?? So where WAS the size of the pool for him to figure out he ordered the wrong one?

CAN your yard hold a bigger pool without hitting any easements? If then :party: oh yeah!!! PLEASE tell me you have the "he will do the bigger for the smaller price" in writing!

I am glad I got mine done in 2019, it was a PITA even then... The pool builders cutting and running are a real thing now...

This had been news for awhile here in Tucson... They were actually one of the bigger pool builders pre-COVID... certainly considered legit.

The bigger pool... okay.. as long as the rest of the equipment can handle it. Congrats.

I went to the Midwest to settle an estate and do some work on a house there I inherited and called 17 different contractors for estimates on three different things the two weeks I was there. Three called back. Two got the business one simply told us they "didn't want to do it". General contractors and most PB's hire subs.. I think in many cases the subs are telling the master contractor they "don't want to do it" or aren't calling back either.

I think people think a nuclear war or a virus or something like that will be the end of civilization. I think it actually started with and will be traced back to voice mail by future historians, honestly...

Wait what?? So where WAS the size of the pool for him to figure out he ordered the wrong one?

CAN your yard hold a bigger pool without hitting any easements? If then :party: oh yeah!!! PLEASE tell me you have the "he will do the bigger for the smaller price" in writing!
I guess he just forgot it was 14’x28’, most of the ones he does are 16x32. Even when he was laying it out he said 32’ and I said no 28’….lol

I actually still think it comes back to the whole what liner did you order that they asked me the other night. Probably ordered the wrong size and it was easier to eat the cost of the upsize in pool vs letting me know they screwed up with the liner…who knows??

I told him I would like the contract changed to reflect what he said.

All the equipment, etc is spelled out in the contract.

Our backyard is about an acre fenced.

I actually still think it comes back to the whole what liner did you order that they asked me the other night. Probably ordered the wrong size and it was easier to eat the cost of the upsize in pool vs letting me know they screwed up with the liner…who knows??
I bet you are right!! That was stuck in his head and that is what he went with! HA! It is on him!!! SWEET for you!
I told him I would like the contract changed to reflect what he said.
Well done!
Our backyard is about an acre fenced.
Well then you should have room! :swim:

• Love
Reactions: aftrshok99
In preparation for our backyard destruction, I just finished putting temporary fencing on our side yard for our 2 Great Danes and 2 Heinz 57 dogs. We won’t be able to leave them out for very long unsupervised but at least they have a 100’ x 100’ area to go potty and run in circles. Lol

Nothing like working in 115 heat index with a temp of 100. Lots of breaks and water.

Now I have to tackle our 10’x12’ deck that’s getting replaced by a patio. That will be done after work and when they aren’t here. Co-worker said he’d help after work. I think he wants a lot of the wood.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.