New Pool Build in Oklahoma

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The wall is 12"thick so I am not sure double rebar is necessary
Wow, so thicker wall means less rebar........................Interesting.

I am thick too, but if you take out my bones I will be a sack of jelly.

The pool now is holding up the back of your house, if it were my house I would make darn sure it was done right.

:rant: I love how people post on here wanting professional advise, but turn a blind eye to all of it. :rant:

USA - it looks great! The tile/coping look great together.

You did a great job with the design having to deal with easements etc.. Enjoy!!

Just-a-PB: My husband said he did actually see them come and put a "lip"on the top of that wall with rebar before the sprayed the gunite. I was not aware of that as I only had the pictures I had taken the night before. When I called the PB he said he had done this, then I asked my husband about it after and he said that they indeed did do the rebar lip. I guess I got left out of the communication loop on that one.

blisstmr: I can't remember the name of the quartz, we saw the finished product in a friends pool which will be a very bright blue after the acid wash. We love it. I'll ask PB and make sure to post the name of it. I will post more pictures upon completion so you all can see the finished product.

imrodee: Thanks so much, we were originally going to do a tile that was brown like in our concept pics but really wanted a blue water affect, we love it! The design of the yard was really tough but our PB came up with this amazing concept and we couln't be happier. We actually had 4 quotes and designs drawn and this is the one that really made not only the pool usuable but the rest of the yard (including the easement) usable as well. The dark spots on the wall of the hottub are jets, the dark spots on the bench are the cleaning system heads. We tried to make this pool as easy to maintain as possible. The pool gets dirty, it cleans itself, the pool gets low, it fills itself, the pool gets cold it warms itself. We still have to maintain the chemicals and clean the filtration but my husband is a disabled vet so we really needed an easy to maintain pool.

The only thing I am not liking in the design is that there is no step into my hottub. This will be hard for dh to get in and out of. I think we may buy an after market step online. Any suggestions?

Don't be defensive with Just-a-PB. He was trying to be helpful. What he was pointing out could only be fixed before gunite. It isn't a regional thing either but an engineering thing. Since the outside wall of your house is so close to the wall of the pool, extra rebar is needed in this area. Sort of like this but all the way to the top:

illustration5.jpg

It's water under the bridge at this point. Go out and enjoy your new pool!

[quote="
The only thing I am not liking in the design is that there is no step into my hottub. This will be hard for dh to get in and out of. I think we may buy an after market step online. Any suggestions?[/quote]

Do you mean a step inside the tub?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.