New Pool Build - Conroe, TX - LOTS of pics! Come say hi Y'all.

I'm still waiting to meet with the pain management Drs. Though I'm much better, I'm far from normal. I know I need more, maybe physical therapy will help! I overdid it this weekend and am paying the price tonight. :-(

They came yesterday and got the propane connected to the fire pit and spa! Wahoo! When they turned it on to test it - I stepped into the spa and you could feel HOT water coming out of the jets almost instantly! I am so excited!!! The color of the lava rocks was wrong so they didn't even bring them - they are going to get a darker red . . .

I can't wait to be able to step into that spa and have hot bubbly water! I'm thinking my heater is going to heat it REALLY fast! The guy yesterday said the one we have is for the pool (400,000 model) so it should heat the spa super quick - I believe it too - just testing for a few min raised the temp of the spa by 3 degrees.

20683480816_304a00800d_c.jpg
[/url]Untitled by misplaced_texan_usaf, on Flickr[/IMG]

20087146774_e870dac779_c.jpg

Now to order FireGlass. Kinda bummed - since I have propane, I need to go with black glass - the glass company said that the propane causes soot - and unless I want to be cleaning it all the time, I need to stick with black. BUT I did find a place that has a GREAT sale going on. http://www.fireonglass.com/

Your firepit is awesome!!! OMG - ya'll are going to love it! You might end up really liking the black glass. I know it will be easier to clean, but black glass might reflect the colors of the flames better. I don't know anything about firepits. I'm just making a guess.

The heat for your spa is coming just in time for your neck! And when you get too warm, you just slip into the main pool!!!!

That's what I plan to do when the pool starts getting a little too cool. Heat the spa to warm up in, then back to the pool to cool off!! I'll have to see how that affects my bills! That may be a luxury I can't afford.

Be sure to remember us with pictures of the firepit blazing!!!

Suz.

You get your decking done yet?

Decking? What decking? lol. NO. I had told them not to stress about getting anything done here - that since I was swimming I was happy. I didn't realize that would push me back THIS far - but I am really not stressed about it. I figure when they get caught up they will come and do it. I am sure they are even more behind now that the owner was out a week for his brother's funeral. I can't even imagine the back-log.

- - - Updated - - -

Your firepit is awesome!!! OMG - ya'll are going to love it! You might end up really liking the black glass. I know it will be easier to clean, but black glass might reflect the colors of the flames better. I don't know anything about firepits. I'm just making a guess.

The heat for your spa is coming just in time for your neck! And when you get too warm, you just slip into the main pool!!!!

That's what I plan to do when the pool starts getting a little too cool. Heat the spa to warm up in, then back to the pool to cool off!! I'll have to see how that affects my bills! That may be a luxury I can't afford.

Be sure to remember us with pictures of the firepit blazing!!!

Suz.

Brilliant minds Suz! I am all excited about the spa - but . . . I might second guess all that when I see how much it cost me to use it! I want to heat the pool once in the Fall to see the cost - maybe something we can afford every now and again - OR it might be something that we do and my husband gives me "the look" :)

We thought we had our first skimmer fatality. We didn't think Little Bear would make it, but after much work and a full squeaker replacement, he is recovering nicely.

There will be a full investigation into "who" helped him into the pool.

image.jpg

Holy Batman at the rain! This is day 3 of rain and my pool is now sitting at a cool 82 degrees this morning!!!!!!! I am thinking that is sufficient to run the hot tub tonight! Even if it warms the pool up - it would still be manageable . . .

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Now to order FireGlass. Kinda bummed - since I have propane, I need to go with black glass - the glass company said that the propane causes soot - and unless I want to be cleaning it all the time, I need to stick with black. BUT I did find a place that has a GREAT sale going on. http://www.fireonglass.com/

I went with a mix of black, dark blue and clear glass, I'm still running propane. There are a few pcs that get some soot but really minimal, since most of the colors are dark it doesn't show much. I got the "jelly bean" glass, smooth rounded shapes, opposed to the more jagged pcs. If you need to you can use a shop vac to remove the glass, throw it in a bucket with soap and water, and clean it. I have also just taken a wet towel and rubbed the glass to clean and mix it around. Heres another glass place: Fire Glass | WoodlandDirect.com: Fire Pit Fire Glass, American Fire Glass, Krystal Fire Glass

Best wishes to Little Bear for a complete recovery!

That's hilarious! You had me going... I couldn't look at the picture until I read further. I can't 'bear' to see wounded critters. If you find out who the culprit was, be sure to let us know. I'd love to hear the story behind this!! Was it simply wanting a friend to see the pool, curiosity whether Little Bear could swim, a jealous fit of rage???
Suz.

I went with a mix of black, dark blue and clear glass, I'm still running propane. There are a few pcs that get some soot but really minimal, since most of the colors are dark it doesn't show much. I got the "jelly bean" glass, smooth rounded shapes, opposed to the more jagged pcs. If you need to you can use a shop vac to remove the glass, throw it in a bucket with soap and water, and clean it. I have also just taken a wet towel and rubbed the glass to clean and mix it around. Heres another glass place: Fire Glass | WoodlandDirect.com: Fire Pit Fire Glass, American Fire Glass, Krystal Fire Glass

That is good to know!!! Here is the color scheme I REALLY want, but not sure since the blue is light and so is the gold . . . http://www.diamondfireglass.com/images/new_images/glass/premixed/venetian-gold.htm

Best wishes to Little Bear for a complete recovery!

That's hilarious! You had me going... I couldn't look at the picture until I read further. I can't 'bear' to see wounded critters. If you find out who the culprit was, be sure to let us know. I'd love to hear the story behind this!! Was it simply wanting a friend to see the pool, curiosity whether Little Bear could swim, a jealous fit of rage???
Suz.

Suz - we are very suspicious that Little Bear was forced into the water against his will. My Min Pins all have little toys - Yellow Duck (belongs exclusively to Zoe & no other dog can touch it), Little Bear and Kermy the frog are shared by Ringo and Bella. I am pretty sure this was a retaliation hit. Yellow Duck was found 1/2 buried in the sand . . . Zoe rules with an iron fist around here . . . we knew it was just a matter of time.

Hopefully the blood shed will stop now. :)

20725846212_4ebb031912_c.jpg

That glass site has some great info.
When I was filling my pit I just winged it.
The PB was going to put cinder blocks under a sheet of cement board an inch below the ring then fill with lava rock.
I told him he was retarded, and should give himself an upper cut.

I got him to fill the lower part with drainage rock to 2" below ring then top with lava rock.
Seem this website agrees.

I was thinking (when I upgrade to glass) of putting a sheet of stainless mesh between glass and underlying lava rock so they don't mix.
The web site seems to indicate you just put the glass right over the lava rock.
I was thinking this would be hard to get out and clean. I have NG, but cleaning will eventually be necessary.

Still can't decide between the pebble style or crystal style.
I like the look of the pebble when it is not lit.
But I don't know if the crystal version would be more brilliant when lit.

Food for thought.

That glass site has some great info.
When I was filling my pit I just winged it.
The PB was going to put cinder blocks under a sheet of cement board an inch below the ring then fill with lava rock.
I told him he was retarded, and should give himself an upper cut.

I got him to fill the lower part with drainage rock to 2" below ring then top with lava rock.
Seem this website agrees.

I was thinking (when I upgrade to glass) of putting a sheet of stainless mesh between glass and underlying lava rock so they don't mix.
The web site seems to indicate you just put the glass right over the lava rock.
I was thinking this would be hard to get out and clean. I have NG, but cleaning will eventually be necessary.

Still can't decide between the pebble style or crystal style.
I like the look of the pebble when it is not lit.
But I don't know if the crystal version would be more brilliant when lit.

Food for thought.

Hey - this place has a HUGE sale going on right now. I am planning on mixing my own colors and going with them. I am thinking I will go with Crystals - but not sold yet.
http://www.fireonglass.com/

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.