New Pool - Buffalo NY

Joshk716

Nov 5, 2020
Buffalo NY
Looking to have an inground pool installed in Buffalo NY. Looking for recommendations on size and local companies. It’s just my wife and I but we plan on having 2 kids at some point. Thinking 16x32 in a free form shape. Anybody have rough cost ideas for the area? Talked to the biggest companies and they’re around 40k to start for vinyl and 50k to start for fiberglass.

I'm a builder in Rochester I would recommend not going fiberglass here, Lots of issues with freeze thaw, Inground vinyl works and concrete pools. Depends on your budget.

Mod Note: no links to personal business.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a builder in Rochester I would recommend not going fiberglass here, Lots of issues with freeze thaw, Inground vinyl works and concrete pools. Depends on your budget.

Oh really? I’ve been talking to a few different companies and they all seem to push for fiberglass. I know vinyl would be cheaper but I’m also having issues getting estimates and they’re also backlogged until 09/21 for the earliest build.

Oh really? I’ve been talking to a few different companies and they all seem to push for fiberglass. I know vinyl would be cheaper but I’m also having issues getting estimates and they’re also backlogged until 09/21 for the earliest build.

9/2021? Wow so you won't be swimming until 2022? That sucks! Check all builders in your area every single one and get quotes from all of them. That initial $40k-$50k isn't bad depending what that includes. 10 years ago it would have been $10k less but pools have seen an epic resurgence in the past few years. You can post quotes here for a sanity check.

9/2021? Wow so you won't be swimming until 2022?

In the Chicago area, with a condensed building season as compared to other parts of the country, slots for open time get booked very quickly. And with the very high demand this year in particular, it would not surprise me to see good builders already booked into 2022 already. My PB is taking deposits for spring 2022 builds already, and a few other builders I know of are in the same boat.

Not sure why a fiberglass pool would not be recommended because of freeze/thaw issues over, say a gunnite pool which in theory could be impacted as well from this. Is the freeze/thaw up in that part of the country much worse than say other cold winter areas? In the Chicago area, most new pools are either Fiberglass or vinyl, and if installed correctly, should weather any freeze/thaw issues equally.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.