New pool: Brush after filling when startup is 2 days later?

Dtkokay

Dec 31, 2019
Houston, Texas
My new pool just had plaster installed today (Pebble Sheen). Acid wash is scheduled for tomorrow morning, and then we start filling with water. The fill should finish by Saturday morning, but my pool startup isn’t scheduled until Monday.

Should I brush my pool on Saturday and Sunday, or wait until after the pump is turned on at startup?

Begin brushing as soon as the fill is complete. You want to keep the plaster dust from adhering to the plaster. And then once the filter is running the plaster dust will be captured by the filter.

Begin brushing as soon as the fill is complete. You want to keep the plaster dust from adhering to the plaster. And then once the filter is running the plaster dust will be captured by the filter.

I called Pebbletec and the rep I spoke with said the same thing. Start brushing even if the pump hasn’t been started up yet, for the reason you stated.

My tapwater pH is 7.8, and Pebbletec recommends 7.2-7.4 during the curing period. The Pebbletec rep said my higher pH wouldn’t be a problem for a few days.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.