New Pool Blaster Max HD Li Battery Charger Headaches

bobrast

Sep 8, 2019
Laurel, MD
Has anybody recently purchased a redesigned Watertech Pool Blaster Max HD Li and had problems getting the new charger to seat properly and recharge the battery. I've had Pool Blaster vacuums for years and been generally satisfied except for problems with water getting into the battery chamber. It looked like the new design with a push in plug clip that seats over a watertight seal would be a good idea. Problem is, the design is such that I can't get it the black input plug to seat properly. There are two clips you have to squeeze that should catch on the inside of the charging cavity but they are so hard to push when trying to seat the plug that I cant get it to recharge.

Just wondering if it's my clumsy fat fingers or is anyone else having this issue?

I also find it difficult to seat the plug. I find that if I kind of wiggle it around while pushing, it eventually snaps into place. For extra confidence, plug in the power plug before starting. Then when the cleaner plug seats into the hole, you'll see the LED light up.

I agree with Rocket. I have learned to plug in the power side and then connect up the pool blaster. I have to sort of jiggle it to get a steady LED light sometimes. I am not sure I have ever heard mine "click", it just sort of sits in there and I hope it doesn't get bumped.

I have this model and after having two of the previous models go bad outside of warranty due to water
getting in, I like this newer sealed switch design much much better.

It can be a bit of a pain to get the charger in, but it works for me after a few tries.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.