New pool. Been a while!

shadylady23

Jul 18, 2007
Southwest NH
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Hey guys! Been ages since I've had a pool. We just had a small 18' AG pool. 52 inch wall installed here for the kids. We now have well water, and I know from the baby pools we had, chlorine turns our pool brown. I don't really remember what ORDER to add chemicals to this, and knowing that we have metal, if I should add this iron out first? Before the chlorine? Or after? The order of anything else is helpful as well. I do plan on ordering another one of those great kits, but for now I just picked up a basic drop test kit at ocean state. Not sure how accurate that'll be. But anyways, The pool is getting close to full, almost ok to the skimmer, and it's already turning green just from this week of filling it. (We filled it up slowly because we didn't want to burn our well pump out, but then started filling it with filtered water from our brook with a generator and a different pump). Please help! Thanks!!

Good to know! Thanks! Is it safe to get some chlorine in here before that's out to prevent too much algae? It's already turning a little green. I read that thread and glad I asked! Cause I was about to just throw in that Iron out!

I have a drop test kit, but for the it only test FC and doesn't go too high. So I'd like to get a better test for that. But the pool is looking FABOLOUS!! I just stuck some filter floss in the skimmer and kept rinsing it out, then once things were looking fairly clear, I added some Iron out, and the rest I just vacuumed up. Haven't had any trouble with anything else yet! Thank you all for your help! Enjoying the lovely swimming weather!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.