Bronze Supporter
Apr 16, 2019
Bremen, GA, 65 m west of Atlanta
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Weii, I'm back for my 4th year of pool ownership, and have decided to make the plunge (heh) and replumbing the pool.

It's an above ground Best way pool, 15x4 feet. It had a 1/2 hp pump on it with a 12 inch sand filter. I'm moving up to a 1 hp pump and a 16 or 19 in sand filter, I forget which. 1 1/2 inch flex PVC, schedule 40. Unions at all joins.

I've been laid up 2 years with a broken ankle, then a broken leg (same side:brickwall:), and I've had the pump and filter sitting in the garage since last year. Just bought the flex, unions, and a tee connector through Amazon, it'll be here by Friday.

The run is probably about 17 ft, and I got a 25 foot roll of flex PVC.

Looking forward to slowly doing my project -- lying in bed with a matchstick leg really takes it out of you! And ding bling it, I've missed TWO SEASONS with my pool -- not gonna miss the next!

Oh thank heavens!!!!!!! I've been checking your profile as you disappeared last ?July?

Anywho I need a min to go run around my truck happy a few times. Woo-hoo. Welcome back.

OK. I'm good now. Sorry you had more follies. SUPER DUPER MONDO glad you got through them.

For context, at some point, likely due to an update, your profile vanished like you deleted it. Got a little worried for a minute there a couple of the months ago.

Will gladly help if I can when the time comes. :)

Thanks for the welcome back, Newdude!

I broke my left ankle in 2020, and was laid up 10 weeks, and the season was over by the time I was hobbling around again. Then in 2021 I broke my left leg and same scenario, 10 week layup. No pool season.

Our son used it and cleaned it, and hubby Mike kept it balanced. Only had one algae flare up! He handled it like a pro.

Thanks for the offer of help! I'm sure I'll need it and believe me I'll be reaching out to TFP for help!

Reactions: newdude
No as I am sitting up to retire in 2 years but in the mean time I have gone back to teaching (1st Grade this year) and we plan on doing a LOT of traveling during my breaks. Going to start the Route 66 adventure this summer! Then when I do retire will spend more time out of the house than in it. We decided to save the money we would have spent on a new pools and use it on travel!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.