Bronze Supporter
Jul 12, 2021
Longview, Tx
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
brand new pool, the plaster was done about 3 weeks ago. midnight blue. I have a tanning deck area that's only 8" deep and that area seems to have some small areas that are turning a little white. I have not gone in to feel yet as I just noticed last night. But I brushed the area good and it did nothing.
I know the blue plaster will have some markings as we go but this seems to be something more at work, like a discoloring. this spot is about a 6"x6" patch

See if this describes what you see…

See if this describes what you see…

Yup. unfortunately. and it sounds like there's nothing that can be done about it. I can live with it if it stays small and light but i will fill the pool in and call it a day if it takes over the whole pool.

Filling in the pool seems a little dramatic, this happened to me when I first built the pool with a "darker" plaster. We ended up re-plastering back to a "whiter color" look and all is well. The pools will slowly degrade each year from what I have seen, even having a "balanced" chemistry...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.