New Plaster Defects and Spa Jet Fitting - How to Repair?

flipfloplife2

Dec 15, 2023
Islamorada, FL
Thanks to all of you i think i have my pool running pretty well. My numbers in pool math stay right around where they should be and the additions are getting "regular". perfect.

I have noticed 3 small things in my pool (3 months old, not happy w/ PB) that i would like to fix.

1. In one spot the plasterers just missed it in a corner and i can see concrete. very small spot -- maybe 1/4" in diameter and in a pretty not noticable area. what product should i use to fill that spot? i'm not super keen to drain the pool for it...

2. There is a 1/8" circular hole in the grout between a pair of tiles in the same area. same question.

perhaps these first two both call for something like hydraulic cement? i only throw that out because i have used it underwater but ... it's kinda messy for this application (well, that or i am not aware of best practice in this regard to application). i don't really care much about the color or look -- i just don't want degradation to start from me not fixing the little things.

3. I have a spa jet that doesn't seat flush up against the side of the pool. i have tried backing it out and seeing if i can re-seat it --- it doesn't want to move either direction. so now i just want to fill the gap between the pool wall and the ring --- maybe 1/8". seems like a good job for some flavor of "in water setting silicon"? is that a thing?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like your project is off to a bit of a rough start. :( This will call for some additional experts to chime in. In the meantime, can you post some pics of all of these effected areas? Pics generally help. I'm also going to tweak your thread title to more accurately reflect the help you need which can help get the attention of certain members/experts. Stand by for more info.

should be 5 pics attached. 2 are of jets - 1 the way i think it should be and the other of the offending jet that is gapped. then a pic of the pinhole in grout in tile. then a pic of a pinhole in plaster in corner. lastly a pic of a non plastered corner at the edge of the tile. i will get to the pumice stone on that tile later today i promise …

I would drop the water level and mix a bit of tile grout and put it on the tile line and that corner...

The spa jet ring is not flush because the pipe is not perfectly 90 degrees with the plaster wall at that point. I would just leave it alone.