New Permasalt pool owner

Kenintn

Jun 3, 2022
Nashville, Tennesse
I'm a 1st time pool owner in Tennessee. We have a 30,000 gal Permasalt above ground pool. Still having a fit getting the levels right. So hoping to gain some knowledge on pool ownership especially a Permasalt pool. I haven't been able to find a lot of info on the do's and don'ts about the Permasalt system and I don't really trust the seller to give me the correct information.

Welcome to TFP! :wave: You are right to be concerned. The Permasalt system is not something we recommend using here at TP. It adds copper to the water which will build up over time and can eventually lead to dark staining that is very difficult to remove and potentially change the color of nails and blonde hair. Liquid chlorine on a daily basis or the use of a salt water generator (SWG) are best. First & foremost be sure to have your own TF-100 or Taylor K-2006C test kit. That's a must. The links below will also help. Don't forget to update your signature with all of your pool and equipment info. We would recommend not using the Permasalt system or removing the mineral cartridges if possible to avoid getting additional copper in the water. If you have any questions let us know.

Reactions: Donldson